Author Topic: Needing a double digit team mate!!  (Read 667 times)

bettyj.carter

Needing a double digit team mate!!
« on: July 15, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »
Hi! Boy, do I have an offer for one of you lucky folks!! Robert Stewart and his sheltie, Rocket Man, along with me and my poodle, Bongo, need a double digit team mate. Both dogs are very reliable and steady. And...Robert and I are lots of fun!! It would be great if we could get someone, come up with a team name, and all of those cool things!! If anyone is interested, please let me know!
Betty Carter

RobertStewart

Re: Needing a double digit team mate!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »
Betty's right we are both a blast and our dogs are awesome and amazing!
(I'm often known to have alcohol or spirits close by - if that helps with decision making)
Robert Stewart

NATCH-8, V-NATCH-7, MACH-2, ADCH/LAA Platinum Rocket Man

NATCH-4, V-NATCH 4, MACH, PDCH/LAA - Bronze, Ellie

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:28 AM »
Wow!!!  Too bad Sparkle and I didn't qualify this year!!   Her formal name is  RW's Effervescent Spirit  NADAC HOF.   !!!!!!!!  That would work nicely!!!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

bettyj.carter

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »
Oh, Richard....we would have loved to have Sparkle!! How close were you? Could you get in second chance?
Betty

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
Hi, Betty!!!!!  Haven't seen you in a long time!!!!!  Sorry, we weren't close at all.  Between Sparkle being 15 years old and not being able to hear much any longer, we haven't done well lately.  She didn't qualify last year after 12 straight appearances at Champs.  She's still in good health, though, and I've been running her in Into and Novice lately to get her inspired to play again!  I wish you could have seen her in Intro Tunnelers yesterday!  She did 2.9 YPS on the first run and 3.65 on round 2!  After that run when we left the ring she had such a big grin on her face and was moving backwards and dancing side to side!!!!!  She's still SO adorable, if I do say so myself!!!!!!

Good luck and have a great time.  We'll be thinking of you guys!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

bettyj.carter

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 10:08:52 AM »
Sparkle IS adorable and a great athlete!!
Betty

Brenda George

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »
BAnjo is a 12 yr Jack Russell.  2015 was our first Champs. What is "teams"?  He did have placements in 2015.
Brenda George

bettyj.carter

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Hi Brenda,
Having a team at Champs is so fun. You do not have extra runs, they calculate your team score by adding up all 3 team members score (I believe for the first 4 or 5 runs). It is lots of fun, because it adds to the camaraderie, challenge, new friends to root for, and another chance to get on the podium. It is $30.00 to enter. It is fun to come up with a team name and maybe a team t-shirt. My double digit poodle, Bongo, is 10 yr. old, he has placed 3rd in individual and 2nd in team in 2015. I believe this will be Rocket Man's first Champs. But let me assure you he is very experienced and Qs and places all the time. Not that we want to put any pressure on team mates's, after all anyone can have some not so stellar runs!! But, to let you know that it is not our first rodeo!!
Please let me know if you would be interested. If so, we would all need to send in a team entry, and come up with a team name.
Glad to hear from you,
Betty Carter
PS: I think Banjo and Bongo would be perfect team mates....their names!!!

Brenda George

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
Betty, welll let's do it then! How does jump heights come into play?  HE is skilled 4". 
Brenda George

bettyj.carter

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »
Woohoo!! Jump heights don't matter. Mine is also skilled 4 in. double digit. As long as they are in the same division - double digit.
Why don't you email me at bettyboopoopadoop@msn.com and we can take our discussions off the public forum.
Excited!!
Betty