Author Topic: Fun evening in Canby  (Read 829 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Fun evening in Canby
« on: July 12, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
Thanks to those who came to Canby this evening for VT and run-throughs!  Small but powerful group, so everyone worked hard to set courses and get all the work done!

I ran three dogs for the first time in a long time and what fun it was!!  I was honored to be able to run Spree, Chris' dog..... thanks Chris!!  We got a Jumpers and a Touch N Go and we had some fun on the other two runs!  Great dog and good training job, Chris!  4 runs, 2 Q's.... good Spree!

Busi was beyond herself with trying to be so good.... I still don't totally trust her and she stopped before entering a tunnel tonight that was an off course.  She stopped and corrected the run and I was in shock and couldn't hardly even handle my way to the last obstacle!  She is trying so hard to be so good!  Good girl, Busi... I am learning to trust you more all the time and your honest efforts to play pure team sports is impressive for me!   4 runs, 2 Q's, good girl Busi!

And tonight Triple came out to play..... I am still laughing!  For all of the seriousness of Busi and the hard work to keep Busi in line, Triple balances that out!!  We have just been playing "life skills" this past year and Triple has perfected the job of "co-pilot" on trips.  I took her to the start line tonight, removed the leash, told her "wait" and she went into a nice down..... then she looked directly at my shoes and started to "woo-woo" at them and then looked up at my face and "woo-woo'd" at me..... I broke out laughing, as she seemed to say "Are you kidding????  You think you can keep up with me wearing those??"...... I wanted to explain to her the cost of the shoes and all of the cool advertising about their gravity defying attributes..... but then she barked at me as though to say "you better get out there with a BIG head start, you are going to need it"  Well, first run we miss the last obstacle... as Trip circles back to see if I am ever going to catch up and join the party!  But Round 2, I am ready and I do my best sprint to the finish and we get that one!  Yea, Triple!!    Sometimes I think she should be named "Zest" as she has such a zest for life and a zest for fun!  I don't know how one little dog can contain such large amounts of humor, but she does and she shares it well....

Fun night and tomorrow we get to play again!!

See you here!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Fun evening in Canby
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:20:29 AM »
I love your descriptions, Sharon! 
Lee Anne

Arlene Courtney

Fun evening in Canby
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
It was a fun evening, and nice to see you and your teammates having a good time!  That was a tough Touch N Go course that ate my lunch, but the jumpers run was sweet!  Can't wait to play again tonight.  Thanks to the folks who came.  If you aren't busy tonight, come out and join us!
Arlene

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Glad you had fun :)

Hopefully I won't have to hire a pro to reposess my dog 8)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »

I don't know, she was pretty sweet to run!  We need to fine tune out contact/tunnel work, but you have great directionals on her in all other situations!!

If you hire a pro, make sure it is male, good looking and available.... then I can put up a really good struggle!!  :P
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »
It was a fun evening, and nice to see you and your teammates having a good time!  That was a tough Touch N Go course that ate my lunch, but the jumpers run was sweet!  Can't wait to play again tonight.  Thanks to the folks who came.  If you aren't busy tonight, come out and join us!

I couldn't get that Elite jumpers to save my life!  Thank goodness Spree and Triple saved me in Open and Novice!!  Now the Touch N Go, I could do, but not Jumpers!

Arlene set some very nice courses!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Wild Terriers

Fun evening in Canby
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:44 PM »
I too love your descriptions - your words make me feel as if i was there - thank you!!!!   And, tonight it makes me miss my puppers even more....   I just started a people only trip with Todd and Morgan and family visiting from California, (which I guess is fair since I got 9 "doggie days" in OR), but I sure wish I could have the doggies on this trip too!!!  Have a great weekend Sharon!!

Karen and the wild Terriers
Karen and the Wild Terriers

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
makes me want to be there :)
Shirlene Clark
Australia

LeeAnne McAdam

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »

I don't know, she was pretty sweet to run!  We need to fine tune out contact/tunnel work, but you have great directionals on her in all other situations!!

If you hire a pro, make sure it is male, good looking and available.... then I can put up a really good struggle!!  :P

So...male, good looking and available is something else to add to the bribery/begging list to get Sharon to the East.  Tell us more, Sharon!
Lee Anne