Author Topic: Sponsoring Bars  (Read 1919 times)

Ed and Dino

Re: Sponsoring Bars
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »
I do have a question about the Highest Scoring type bars, I've now sponsored my annual Highest Scoring Beagle bar.

In the past I always asked Sharon if there was a beagle and then would send the payment. This year I know there will be a beagle but the beagle, I know of, will be in Pre-Elite. I also suspect that another beagle will also be entered, this beagle I do not know whether it is Elite or Pre-Elite.

So just a general question about the Highest Scoring type bars, how is the highest score actually determined when the type of Highest may be in multiple divisions (elite, pre-elite, starter stakes, etc).

I do see some bars say in Pre-Elite but when it is just Highest how does it work.

So say there are 2 beagles and one is Elite and one Pre-Elite does the Elite dog always become Highest over any Pre-Elite?

Or is the scoring comparable between divisions.
Just wondering so I know how it works.

If I knew there were multiple Beagles in Pre-Elite and Elite I'd sponsor 2 bars.
WE NEED More Beagles in NADAC!  :)
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
Ed,
This is in No Way an official answer, however since I believe there are more points available per run in Elite the "opportunity" to have higher scores/higher totals for the 5 runs gives the Elite dog a better chance to win a straight "high scoring Beagle" Bar. Obviously a couple awful runs for the Elite dog and steady Eddie runs from the Pre-elite dog would change that.  So it depends....
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:16 AM »
I do have a question about the Highest Scoring type bars, I've now sponsored my annual Highest Scoring Beagle bar.

In the past I always asked Sharon if there was a beagle and then would send the payment. This year I know there will be a beagle but the beagle, I know of, will be in Pre-Elite. I also suspect that another beagle will also be entered, this beagle I do not know whether it is Elite or Pre-Elite.

So just a general question about the Highest Scoring type bars, how is the highest score actually determined when the type of Highest may be in multiple divisions (elite, pre-elite, starter stakes, etc).

I do see some bars say in Pre-Elite but when it is just Highest how does it work.

So say there are 2 beagles and one is Elite and one Pre-Elite does the Elite dog always become Highest over any Pre-Elite?

Or is the scoring comparable between divisions.
Just wondering so I know how it works.

If I knew there were multiple Beagles in Pre-Elite and Elite I'd sponsor 2 bars.
WE NEED More Beagles in NADAC!  :)

This is also not an official answer, because things can change from year to year. But I do know that the last 2 years it has been stated that unless an award specifies Pre-Elite, it is for the dogs entered in Championships only.  And I know that because I sponsored a bar and asked that same question.  And I also sponsored a Pre-Elite bar one year also.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »
How do you pay?  I checked the one I wanted to sponsor and it sent me email but it never said how to pay.

Then it probably didn't actually submit.   It shouldn't anyway without the payment info!

It should have had a payment box at the bottom of the page, right above the submit button

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
All bars are assumed to be for Elite, unless the bar specifically states that it's for Pre-Elite :)

Ed and Dino

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »
All bars are assumed to be for Elite, unless the bar specifically states that it's for Pre-Elite :)

So then if there are no Elite Beagles does my bar not get awarded or made?

Hoping that there is an Elite Beagle, actually hoping there are more than just 1 but now will there be more than 1 Pre-Elite beagle because I could / would sponsor one there too.
Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Hoping that there is an Elite Beagle, actually hoping there are more than just 1 but now will there be more than 1 Pre-Elite beagle because I could / would sponsor one there too.

There is an elite beagle this year!  She is DD but she is running elite!
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »

If there ends up being nobody to possibly claim the bar than we would refund it and not have it made

ricbonner

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »
My two cents, I like seeing the dog's name first on the personal bars.  "Cody and Ric Bonner".   I like to see the dog get first billing.

MoabDiane

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
Beagles aside (GOOOOO, Beagles!!) - I'll repeat Cindy's question:  Is there a way to add a "in memory/in honor of" to a sponsored bar?

Also - this could just be me overthinking things, in which case, feel free to ignore.  But if you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it. 

There are options for Highest Scoring - Large DD team, Medium DD team, X-Small/Small DD team. In these cases, I'm assuming the "team" refers to a single dog and handler, not the actual team competition.  But, but....each of these "winners" is going to be a BIG winner, no?  Trophy or plaque or something?  So, the bar is just an added bonus?
Ditto for Highest Score, Round 1, 2 and 3.  These will get blue ribbons, no?  Again - just an added thing?

While I fully support alllllll the sponsored bars (and have sponsored a couple myself!), these just seem, I dunno, kinda weird.  Should I just go back out into the desert now?

See y'all there!
diane, Bracken (DD) and Teasel

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
Beagles aside (GOOOOO, Beagles!!) - I'll repeat Cindy's question:  Is there a way to add a "in memory/in honor of" to a sponsored bar?

Also - this could just be me overthinking things, in which case, feel free to ignore.  But if you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it. 

There are options for Highest Scoring - Large DD team, Medium DD team, X-Small/Small DD team. In these cases, I'm assuming the "team" refers to a single dog and handler, not the actual team competition.  But, but....each of these "winners" is going to be a BIG winner, no?  Trophy or plaque or something?  So, the bar is just an added bonus?
Ditto for Highest Score, Round 1, 2 and 3.  These will get blue ribbons, no?  Again - just an added thing?

While I fully support alllllll the sponsored bars (and have sponsored a couple myself!), these just seem, I dunno, kinda weird.  Should I just go back out into the desert now?

See y'all there!
diane, Bracken (DD) and Teasel

Once I get some more things caught up we'll send out an email to ask if anyone wants the bars to have a in memory added to the list :)

And correct that the bars can be a little, redundant, in some cases.
But hey, whatever floats your boat :)

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »
found it
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

Fran

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 08:35:56 AM »
I believe I have ordered a personalized bar but can't find a confirmation. Don't want to order two!

Fran Stanford
Latte

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
Just got it emailed to you Fran :)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »
Is there a list posted somewhere of the current sponsored bars?  I may want to sponsor another.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!