Author Topic: 2017 Championships Group Info Emails  (Read 1426 times)

Hmcnokc

2017 Championships Group Info Emails
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »
Were these sent out for Pre Elite dogs as well?  Thanks!
Heather M. Cline
Proud Mom of Chloe Ann, Boxer
Serge Ibarka, All American Boxer
And Buddy Boy, Boxer

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: 2017 Championships Group Info Emails
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:29 AM »
I got one for my DD dog but nothing for my other dog who should be in VH Ex-large.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:34:07 AM »
We are in medium/vet group.  Cocoa has been jumping in skilled which puts his jump height at 4 inches.  Will that be his jump height at Champs?  I don't remember if there was any way to indicate that on the entry form.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

JimmyS.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:09:21 AM »
I'm sure Chris will chime in as soon as he can, but I assume your email just hasn't reached you yet. He has to send them out in batches so he doesn't get flagged as spam. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmcnokc

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:14 AM »
I received it this morning!!  You were right about batches. :) Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:27:01 PM by Hmcnokc »
Heather M. Cline
Proud Mom of Chloe Ann, Boxer
Serge Ibarka, All American Boxer
And Buddy Boy, Boxer

Fran

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »
just got mine. So excited to be going for the first time

fran and latte

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
Everyone should have received them by now, 3PM on Tuesday.

I did get a couple that bounced back to me, so if you haven't received yours then just let me know and I'll bet your email was just entered wrong :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
We are in medium/vet group.  Cocoa has been jumping in skilled which puts his jump height at 4 inches.  Will that be his jump height at Champs?  I don't remember if there was any way to indicate that on the entry form.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Yup you can jump the same height you always do :)

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
Thank you Chris.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Foomin Z

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »
The groups email says:

"2) Pre-Elite does not get an extra division for Veteran handler or Veteran Dog.   This wasn't made clear on the entry form as it still asked for that info, but the request for that info was to get your jump height correct, not your competition group."

However, the PREMIUM specifically states in the Pre-elite section:

"If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division. Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre- Elite, depending upon entry numbers. If not split, then all dogs jumping at the same height will be scored together."

My double-digit pre-elite dog does not have the double digit group designation in her groups email. She is listed as pre-elite-small. According to the premium, she should be in double-digit vets, even in pre-elite, because no exception was stated in the premium regarding double-digit vets.

Is there still a double-digit vets group in pre-elite, even though 7-10 vets was not split?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
The groups email says:

"2) Pre-Elite does not get an extra division for Veteran handler or Veteran Dog.   This wasn't made clear on the entry form as it still asked for that info, but the request for that info was to get your jump height correct, not your competition group."

"If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division. Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre- Elite, depending upon entry numbers. If not split, then all dogs jumping at the same height will be scored together."

My double-digit pre-elite dog does not have the double digit group designation in her groups email. She is listed as pre-elite-small. According to the premium, she should be in double-digit vets, even in pre-elite, because no exception was stated in the premium regarding double-digit vets.

Is there still a double-digit vets group in pre-elite, even though 7-10 vets was not split?

The key part there is this line:
"Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre- Elite, depending upon entry numbers."

If we split one group of Pre-Elite with a veterans division than we have to do that for all of them.   And there aren't enough entries in Pre-Elite to make that a reality as we would be taking 4 divisions and turning it into 8.     

I actually am not sure we have ever had enough entries to warrant it, so we will most likely remove that line from next years premium.   I know we didn't split them in 2016 either.

Foomin Z

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
The groups email says:

"Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre- Elite, depending upon entry numbers."

If we split one group of Pre-Elite with a veterans division than we have to do that for all of them.   And there aren't enough entries in Pre-Elite to make that a reality as we would be taking 4 divisions and turning it into 8.     

I actually am not sure we have ever had enough entries to warrant it, so we will most likely remove that line from next years premium.   I know we didn't split them in 2016 either.

Yet breaking up the definitions to veterans 7-10 and double-digit dogs is clearly defining two different groups, with a disclaimer only mentioning the vet group of 7-10. No disclaimer is mentioned for double-digit vet, so people would interpret that as a certainty that there would be a double-digit vet group in pre-elite. This is why premiums should be as specific as possible, especially for a high-profile event like championships, rather than reusing the same document yearly.

Had I known that exceptions and changes to groups could be made after qualifying period was over, I would not have worked on only qualifying my double-digit vet to run in pre-elite, but to be in the regular championship class. I chose pre-elite for her so she would not have to run the full length champs courses, and for her to fairly compete against dogs like her.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 02:53:58 PM »
If you would like to move up to the elite level because of the discrepancy I will allow it.

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »
Do what you think is best for your dog.  Experience may win over youth anyway.  Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Gina Pizzo

The groups email says:

Yet breaking up the definitions to veterans 7-10 and double-digit dogs is clearly defining two different groups, with a disclaimer only mentioning the vet group of 7-10. No disclaimer is mentioned for double-digit vet, so people would interpret that as a certainty that there would be a double-digit vet group in pre-elite. This is why premiums should be as specific as possible, especially for a high-profile event like championships, rather than reusing the same document yearly.

Had I known that exceptions and changes to groups could be made after qualifying period was over, I would not have worked on only qualifying my double-digit vet to run in pre-elite, but to be in the regular championship class. I chose pre-elite for her so she would not have to run the full length champs courses, and for her to fairly compete against dogs like her.
Gina Pizzo
Abbey, Trek and Shay

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »

Double-digit dogs run the same course as Pre-Elite for the rounds that have a shortened course. The only difference is that the Pre-Elite dogs don't get judged in the distance component and the DD dogs do.

Pre-Elite is thought of as the "baby dog" division by most people. I can't imagine there are a large number of double digit Pre-Elite entries since the limitation of 100 Elite Regular points was put into place. If being judged against other DD dogs is of importance to you it sounds like Chris is offering up a great solution to move into the Double-Digit "Elite" class.

Groupings have NEVER been guaranteed or published until after the close of entries. And there has never been an age separation for Pre-Elite.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/