Author Topic: Leaderboards  (Read 3584 times)

Re: Leaderboards
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »
Another option to consider might be year-to-date instead of individual months. Monthly achievements are sporadic, depending on when trials occur in a particular geographical area (the only reason my dog and I show up on the May leaderboards is because we just happened to start the month with a three-day double-run trial). Year-to-date results, on the other hand, would track cumulative progress towards year-end placements, which is probably what most people are interested in anyway.

I agree it would be more relevant.    The only downside is that a lot of people really look forward to the end of the year top ten announcements.   So I'm not sure if doing a cumulative throughout the year would detract from that.   If fluffy has been in first for 8 out of the last 12 months it's not gonna be a big surprise when he comes in first for the year end top ten.

At least this way you could still figure it out, but it's gonna take some work!   So it would hopefully keep the year end stuff a little more exciting

I agree!  Have to have some excitement and mystery.
Sheila & the Shelties

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
I like the month. I love how it is being done I think it's great :D
I'm pretty easy to please though.
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
Right now, there are no listings under 'current month'.   Yet points earned for end of August are pending only.    Is that because it is now September?    So we will see the effect of those points once there are August points listed below?

Thanks.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 04:41:57 PM »
Right now, there are no listings under 'current month'.   Yet points earned for end of August are pending only.    Is that because it is now September?    So we will see the effect of those points once there are August points listed below?

Thanks.

Isabel

Correct and correct!

We're in limbo.

Waiting on a set of results from August, so can't post that page.

And no results have come in yet for September, so nothing to show there either :)