Author Topic: walk throughs  (Read 350 times)

Katrin

walk throughs
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »
Would someone be able to tell me how walk throughs at Champs work? 

Which groups walk the same course/together?  Are walk throughs spaced throughout the day or does everyone walk before the round starts in its entirety (ie for round 1 do all 250+ competitors walk at 7:30a)?

For example on say Thursday Rd 1.  The posted run order is Elite Stds (all heights), Elite Vets (all heights), Elite DD vets (all heights), Pre-Elite (all heights), Stakes.  So where in that order would there be course changes and walk throughs?

Thanks very much!

Katrin

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: walk throughs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »
There are no course changes, one course it set up in the morning, EVERYBODY runs, then the course is cleared, drug, and the day's second course is set up.  There May be different courses, for pre Elite and double Digit, but in my experience they will just be a change of numbers within the course, usually dropping a section or sequence for the baby dogs and old timers  There is ONE walktrough in the a.m, bright and early, and one in the p.m. But the people are "rationed" out with timed walk thrus, different groupings walking together.  On the plus side, at least when I've gone to Champs, Vet handlers do NOT have to abide by the time limits, because we're old and forgetful!!

So it may be HOURS after you walk before you'll be running.  However, with seating above the course, you can watch earlier runs and reinforce the course in your mind.  Even if you're running a different course, it helps, because with the small changes it's not hard to adjust what you're watching to what you'll be running
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Rosemary

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »
So those running pre-elite don't walk the actual course that they will be running?

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
So those running pre-elite don't walk the actual course that they will be running?

Yes, they do.  Before they walk whatever changes for their pre-elite course - usually a bit of a renumber only - will happen, and then they will walk. 
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Katrin

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:39:01 AM »
Thank you!  Very helpful info.  The last Champs I ran at was in 2000 or 2001 back when they did the alternating runs dogs on either side, ending in the center, and walk throughs throughout the day.  I figure a lot has changed since then.  Thanks again!