Author Topic: Official RV dump thread  (Read 1844 times)

JimmyS.

Official RV dump thread
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »
Ok, first off, just in case some of you don't know me, I am Amanda's other half :-)

So I am talking to a couple different places about getting any RV's dumped during the event.

Currently I plan to have them arrive Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.

Only thing I am trying to negotiate is, it looks like we will be right around $40 each. If enough people say they want/need to be dumped, I am going to try hard to negotiate that down.

So... there will be a physical sign up sheet on Tues and Wed. for anyone that doesn't see this post, but I would really like to get as close to a rough guess of how many rigs as possible via this thread.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosemary

Re: Official RV dump thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »
I will definitely need this service.  Personally I would prefer it before Friday as I am arriving on Monday.

Deni

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »
Count us in..

Denise
Denise

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
You can add us to your list, Jimmy.

Jean & Mark
Jean, Zack & Tux
Montana

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 01:21:54 PM »
If I say yes now and change my mind, is that okay?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

MoabDiane

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 02:58:10 PM »
I will likely do it, just so I don't have to scrimp quite so much on my water usage.
I'll pay the $40, which I believe, is about what we've paid in the past.

However.  I *get* that it costs the company to put gas in their truck, pay the driver to drive around, hook up, dump, unhook, and drive on.  There is some "base" amount which is fair enough.
But.  My Class C RV water tank is 35 gallons.  My two tanks (black and grey) can't hold much more than that.
Some Class A RVs and possibly some trailers often hold as much as 75-100 gallons.  OK, folks *may* not have that much in their holding tanks.  But they might.

I know the dumpers cannot "gauge" the capacity used.  But really, I feel like I'm paying for the big rigs' use more than my own.
So, if whomever you get to do this nasty (and much appreciated) job is open to discussion, I'm suggesting at least two rates - "big" and "not so big."

If company sez "nope," well, there it is.  Just worth asking for, eh?
Thanks for setting this up!
diane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
I'll need it

JimmyS.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
If I say yes now and change my mind, is that okay?
Linda
Yes, that is no problem

I will likely do it, just so I don't have to scrimp quite so much on my water usage.
I'll pay the $40, which I believe, is about what we've paid in the past.

However.  I *get* that it costs the company to put gas in their truck, pay the driver to drive around, hook up, dump, unhook, and drive on.  There is some "base" amount which is fair enough.
But.  My Class C RV water tank is 35 gallons.  My two tanks (black and grey) can't hold much more than that.
Some Class A RVs and possibly some trailers often hold as much as 75-100 gallons.  OK, folks *may* not have that much in their holding tanks.  But they might.

I know the dumpers cannot "gauge" the capacity used.  But really, I feel like I'm paying for the big rigs' use more than my own.
So, if whomever you get to do this nasty (and much appreciated) job is open to discussion, I'm suggesting at least two rates - "big" and "not so big."

If company sez "nope," well, there it is.  Just worth asking for, eh?
Thanks for setting this up!
diane
Yeah, I will do my best to work something out like that or at least get the whole price down a little bit.

I can't guarantee anything but I will do what I can! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R SNIDER

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »
We're in.  Will be in the North lot. May need to pull out and dump in addition to this service. But it's only less time to need to pack up and pull out.

RebeccaU

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 05:30:19 PM »
I will need the dump service please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 06:31:00 PM »
Count the Mosley rig in, and I like Diane's idea if it does not mean a ton more work for you, Jimmy .
Chris
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »
I will need the RV dump service.

Thanks
Connie

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »
Put me down :)  Thanks Jimmy
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • Agility Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »
Big rig, small rig?  I don't understand your issue Diane.  If one person takes a shower every day in a big rig, and one person takes a shower every day in a small rig....how is the water in the tanks any different?  Having a bigger tank only means a big rig can go longer without dumping. The water usage would basically be the same over 4 days, Monday-Thursday.  The guy still has to hook you up and pump you out, no matter how much water is or isn't in your tanks.
Marj Vincent
Volt, Scotty & Java

Life's motto: "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!"

MoabDiane

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
Sorry, Marj - not trying to be argumentative!
But I guaran-damn-tee ya that I'm not using as much water as the "big rigs."
I can make 35 gallons last a week - but I ain't takin' no showers (and yeah, you can probably tell...), using way more paper towels that I do at home, and generally being ultra-conservation-minded.  But using less than 5 gallons a day (mostly because I feed dogs raw food and need to wash SOME things!), getting dumped after 3 or 4 days...no, my tank isn't nearly as full as others.

But as I said, it has always been the same $$ for whatever size rig, and I'm willing to pay that. And as I said, yeah, I get the dumper guy has to do the same for everyone.
Heck, I might even take a shower in that case!  ;-)

diane