Author Topic: Dino 2002 - 2017 RIP  (Read 872 times)

Ed and Dino

Dino 2002 - 2017 RIP
« on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
Yesterday, I had to unleash Dino from his earthly existence.

Dino had many fans across the NADAC community and it is because of him that I have enjoyed being a part of it and now my sister and her beagle are also participating in NADAC and the sport of dog agility.

I adopted Dino when he was 9 months old when his original family was going to return him to the shelter where they adopted him as a puppy. I had no intention of doing agility. We went to basic training classes at St. Huberts. When I would take Dino on walks he would climb along the top of walls which were parallel to the sidewalk. I knew St Huberts also had agility training and I thought we’d give it a try. It was fun, training to do the obstacles and then slowly learning to do sequences. Dino enjoyed it, some because of the treats but also he would show a spark running the courses.

When we actually started going to NADAC trials it was a disaster, partly because as a green handler I expected him to just do great and when things fell apart, I let my disappointment show through which of course made Dino shut down because it wasn’t fun anymore. Eventually I learned I needed to keep it Fun. Slowly over time we improved with many instructors and advice from NADAC handlers at different trials. Classes were always Fun and we both enjoyed being a team.

Later on when we would trial and Dino would stop and let out a beagle “Roo” in front of a tunnel or set of weave poles I knew he was about to put it in “Second Gear” and the rest of the course was going to be super Fun. I also believe this is how Dino won over a bunch his fans with his “Roo”s.

Give your dogs a pat on the head and a hug, because tonight there is a hole in my heart because I can longer do that with my teammate and buddy, Dino.

Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Dino 2002 - 2017 RIP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »
So sorry for your loss.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Deni

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
RIP Dino. So sorry for your loss.

Denise
Denise

Laura A Henrich

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 07:29:21 PM »
Ed
So sorry to hear about Dino  :'(
Laura
Laura A Henrich
Tobi
Rylee

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 05:57:11 AM »
So sorry Dino had to go on.  What wonderful memories you have of running with him.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

Rosemary

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 06:20:25 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss.  You had a good long time together - although it's never long enough. I do hope you find comfort in all your wonderful memories of him.

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 06:26:13 AM »
So sorry for your loss, Ed.  All your good memories will help ease the pain in your heart.  My thoughts are with you. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Jackie

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
So sorry Ed.  He was a great dog! 
Jackie, Risk, Journey and Mick Mack Snack Attack!

Heidi Konesko

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 06:53:28 AM »
Dino seemed like a great dog, a super companion to you, and a wise mentor to Belle.  He brought you so many places!
He will be missed.
Run free, Dino. 
My sincerest sympathies, Ed.
-Heidi in NH
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

runningmadly

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
We are so sorry about Dino.  We enjoyed seeing him over the years.  Our thoughts are with you.

Pat & Tom Moloney-Harmon

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »
Ed, I am so sorry to hear of Dino's passing.  You created some great memories of you and Dino for me.  I will forever remember both of you and will always have a smile!  I loved your relationship and the bond between you.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

PaulaGoss

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »
Yesterday, I had to unleash Dino from his earthly existence.

Dino had many fans across the NADAC community and it is because of him that I have enjoyed being a part of it and now my sister and her beagle are also participating in NADAC and the sport of dog agility.

I adopted Dino when he was 9 months old when his original family was going to return him to the shelter where they adopted him as a puppy. I had no intention of doing agility. We went to basic training classes at St. Huberts. When I would take Dino on walks he would climb along the top of walls which were parallel to the sidewalk. I knew St Huberts also had agility training and I thought we’d give it a try. It was fun, training to do the obstacles and then slowly learning to do sequences. Dino enjoyed it, some because of the treats but also he would show a spark running the courses.

When we actually started going to NADAC trials it was a disaster, partly because as a green handler I expected him to just do great and when things fell apart, I let my disappointment show through which of course made Dino shut down because it wasn’t fun anymore. Eventually I learned I needed to keep it Fun. Slowly over time we improved with many instructors and advice from NADAC handlers at different trials. Classes were always Fun and we both enjoyed being a team.

Later on when we would trial and Dino would stop and let out a beagle “Roo” in front of a tunnel or set of weave poles I knew he was about to put it in “Second Gear” and the rest of the course was going to be super Fun. I also believe this is how Dino won over a bunch his fans with his “Roo”s.

Give your dogs a pat on the head and a hug, because tonight there is a hole in my heart because I can longer do that with my teammate and buddy, Dino.
I'm so sorry Ed.  I'm glad I got to love on him a little this Spring - I remember how happy he got when people cheered for him!  He was a really sweet soul.....thank you for sharing a part of him with us.
Paula~

HarryMelamed

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
So sad to lose a furry buddy, especially one like Dino who was not only an amazing agility dog, but amazingly entertaining.

So glad you found happiness and connection with Dino, because that's what this is all about.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 11:49:43 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this.  I never met Dino, but I have a special place in my heart for beagles.  You have to be a special person to run a beagle in agility.  My Cee Cee dosen't "ROO" while running, but you can see how much fun she has.  And I can sympathize with you on the disasters of her first trials.  I actually stopped running her for a while because I was running other dogs as well.  When I brought her back, it was only because she would be sitting long days at an away trial so I would put her in something like tunnelers to give her something to do.... 

Cee Cee  and I will dedicate her beagle runs to Dino this year.  We can't promise that they will all be good, but we will have fun on each and every one of them!
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Robin Carberry

• Judge
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
So sorry to hear :( he was definitely one of my favorites to watch .  He made every run enjoyable.  He will be missed by many.
Robin Carberry and crew