Author Topic: Dino 2002 - 2017 RIP  (Read 852 times)

Ed and Dino

Re: Dino 2002 - 2017 RIP
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 05:39:19 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their condolences and kind words whether here on the forum, expressed to me in person at the NAE trial last weekend, through email or on my sister's facebook.

As many have reminded me I will always have my memories of Dino.

I would like to share two here. One is a composite picture made by my sister at the beginning of August when Dino turned 15. Leading up to his birthday I told him I buy him a smashburger for his birthday dinner. Dino really enjoyed that less the bun and even shared a small bite with Belle.

The second is a video for our very first Q. The videos has two regular runs the first is a comical zoomie run but when this happened I stayed positive and knew it was a good sign that Dino was ready to run that day. The second run is a Q-5 as you can see at this time NADAC still had a teeter (that loud thing) and a distance line in regular where I body checked Dino back to the jump when I realized we did not have any distance ability yet.

Dino's first Q

Ed & Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »
Ed,
Thank you So Much for sharing the photos and video.  They touched my heart.

The video was also a wonderful reminder, and not just of the fact that one run full of zoomies is not the end of the day.  But of what we would give just to have another big "E" run with our dogs that have gone to the Bridge.  A reminder that in the big scheme of things, and with so many of us now gearing up for Champs or Regionals, the results are not that big a deal.  I'm guessing your favorite at the time of these two runs was most likely the second, Dino's was most likely the first, but right now you wouldn't trade the memory of either for anything, and would love to have one more run with him full of zoomies if you could.  The reward for this silly game is not the ribbons or the rosettes or the bars, it's the love and the bond that we share as a team.
Thank you for that reminder Ed.
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »
I'm so sorry Ed- I remember seeing you and Dino for the first time at Nadia's place- those "ROOs" definitely were a cause for smiles!  I loved watching you two having fun out there. 

Lynn
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)

Cindy Lee

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »
Hi Ed,
I never had the pleasure of seeing your dog run.  He looked like such a sweetheart and a true character!  I did give my dog an extra hug tonight, as I know too well the pain of losing that special piece of your heart.  Maybe Dino is at the RB with my "heart" dog.  She loved playing with the part "Regal Beagle" that I still have.
So, so sorry for your loss.