Author Topic: 18 month age requirement  (Read 283 times)

Karen Birdsong

18 month age requirement
« on: September 18, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
I know the answer to this, but before I return an entry thought I would be sure nothing has changed.  The age rule goes by the actual date of birth, and not a general month to month....i.e. April to Oct equals 6 months.

The dog's birth date is 4/27/16, thus he will not officially turn 18 months until Oct. 27, 2017.  About a week following our trial, thus he is not eligible to enter.

I know a few handlers might think they can count April to Oct as 6 months w/o regard to actual date of birth, but the rule go by the date ...in this case the 27th of Oct is when the dog turns 18 months and may enter NADAC trials.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys..TJ and Monte

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
  • Administrator
Re: 18 month age requirement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »
I know the answer to this, but before I return an entry thought I would be sure nothing has changed.  The age rule goes by the actual date of birth, and not a general month to month....i.e. April to Oct equals 6 months.

The dog's birth date is 4/27/16, thus he will not officially turn 18 months until Oct. 27, 2017.  About a week following our trial, thus he is not eligible to enter.

I know a few handlers might think they can count April to Oct as 6 months w/o regard to actual date of birth, but the rule go by the date ...in this case the 27th of Oct is when the dog turns 18 months and may enter NADAC trials.

You are correct, it is to the exact day, not a month basis.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility