Author Topic: Champs info video  (Read 1351 times)

JimmyS.

Re: Champs info video
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »
It just seemed like the video said: the judge says "good luck," you take off your leash, and then you walk into the ring.

So will there be a separate course map posted for pre-elite? I won't have to look at the elite one and guess the changes?

Not sure how he worded it on the video without going back and listening.  But at any rate - you ARE already in the ring when you hear good luck - just like any other trial.  You're at the startline.  Actually you have been at the startline for a few seconds because there is a side curtain barrier that protects your dog from seeing anything except what's right in front of him - and it is also protecting the dog that is running from seeing any upcoming dog.  And that dog running also finishes by running past a protective curtain.  So neither the dog running nor the dog waiting can see each other at all.  So once the dog before you is finished and on leash you are given the standard "good luck", leash off, drop it and go.

Course maps aren't posted.  But you don't have to "guess" any changes.  They will have already happened - or the course will have been renumbered - before you walk.  Some people do like to make a game of sitting in the stands and watching the course being built and guessing what it's going to be  ;D ;D  But whenever anyone is walking, they are walking the course that THEY will be running.
Correction: course maps WILL be posted this year :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »
It just seemed like the video said: the judge says "good luck," you take off your leash, and then you walk into the ring.

So will there be a separate course map posted for pre-elite? I won't have to look at the elite one and guess the changes?

Not sure how he worded it on the video without going back and listening.  But at any rate - you ARE already in the ring when you hear good luck - just like any other trial.  You're at the startline.  Actually you have been at the startline for a few seconds because there is a side curtain barrier that protects your dog from seeing anything except what's right in front of him - and it is also protecting the dog that is running from seeing any upcoming dog.  And that dog running also finishes by running past a protective curtain.  So neither the dog running nor the dog waiting can see each other at all.  So once the dog before you is finished and on leash you are given the standard "good luck", leash off, drop it and go.

Course maps aren't posted.  But you don't have to "guess" any changes.  They will have already happened - or the course will have been renumbered - before you walk.  Some people do like to make a game of sitting in the stands and watching the course being built and guessing what it's going to be  ;D ;D  But whenever anyone is walking, they are walking the course that THEY will be running.

Only modification I need to make to what Marcy said is that we ARE posting course maps this year :)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »

Only modification I need to make to what Marcy said is that we ARE posting course maps this year :)

Thanks Chris.  Didn't know.  Or at least didn't remember if I knew ..   ;D  Hope you're posting courses in several places or we'll be 20 deep crowding around to see.  lol
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 07:12:37 PM »
Yeah we'll make a few different copies :)

danforth

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 12:35:11 PM »
If outside temperatures are in the upper 70's, any idea what kind of conditions will exist in stalls and in rings?   Is there any kind of cooling system or large scale fans there?

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
There are fans, but those will be a absolute last resort option.    Ideally we should be able to just open up some doors and it will be plenty cool enough :)

Foomin Z

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 04:58:13 PM »
Are the stalls the type with a door to the outside as well as to the center hallway inside?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
They only open up to the inside

knittingdog

• Cowtown Dog Sports
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »

Chris,

You could post the course maps online - it would prevent crowding!  :)

Robin

danforth

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 06:47:59 AM »
But we would not be able to get online access inside according to what Chris has said.

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 06:48:03 AM »

Chris,

You could post the course maps online - it would prevent crowding!  :)

Robin

That's the plan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
But we would not be able to get online access inside according to what Chris has said.

Isabel

you can if you use your data plan
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

kirbysmom2000

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
I have two different data service carriers - one for my tablet and one for my phone. T-mobile (tablet) is saying that it has a fair signal in the area (works outdoors and sometimes indoors). Tracfone (phone) says that there is 4G LTE in the area, but not how good of a signal it is. My personal plan is to plan on limited ability to get on-line and hope for the best.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »
Will the course maps be available after Champs?  I don't have a data plan and will have to wait until I get home to see them.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

danforth

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:24 AM »
We do not have a smartphone.  francophone, but no data, and a kindle, no cell connection.   I am planning on taking a photo with Kindle and sitting courses there.

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa