Author Topic: Pre-Payment for "warm-up" area  (Read 885 times)

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
Pre-Payment for "warm-up" area
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
Hi, Chris!  Great seeing you a few days ago!!  :)

Will we be able to prepay for our Warm-up runs (going into the ring for our Champs runs)?  I plan to do all of them with my DD boy Kaiden.  Would be nice to have that pre-paid.  What are the fees and is it possible to prepay?  I will probably do one or two with my young boy Tripp, but that will be as needed.

Thanks!  I didn't see anything about that unless I missed it.  If I did, my apologies.  :)

Lorrie
Lorrie Stelz

Kaiden: NATCH 11, VersNATCH 8, AA NATCH Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye MX MXJ MXF IT HIC HOF
Tripp: NATCH 4, VersNATCH 3, AA NATCH BB's Embrace The Journey HIT HIC HOF
& ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 VersNATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Pre-Payment for "warm-up" area
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
Can someone explain about warm-up runs for those of us who are new to Champs?  Are these in addition to what happens in the chute as you go into the ring?

Isabel

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:51:54 PM »
There is not a warm-up ring this year that I'm aware of -- just the side runs ring, for which you needed to pre-register for runs. I have seen no mention of the warm-up ring that was offered in occasional previous years, where things like a dog walk, jumps and hoops were made available for training purposes. Chris said there would be an area in the chutes with a jump and/or a hoop for warming up.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
We aren't going to do the warm up ring this year, just too crowded.

So the options will be:
1) Use the warm up equipment in the chutes, typically a jump or couple hoops
2) Side runs if you signed up for them

3) I was going to keep this under wraps as a nice surprise, but I suppose folks would probably like to know about it before hand.    In your exhibitor bag you're going to have 7 gift certificates.   They can be used for the side run ring to be used as a warm up area.   When you use your gift  certificate it won't count as a Qualifying run, just warming up.

danforth

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »
How would timing for the warm up run work?

Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
How would timing for the warm up run work?

There will always be a course set up in the side ring.   So whenever you want to run you can go in and you're all good :)  No real deadline or requirements

danforth

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 04:44:40 PM »
Thanks Chris.   So we can go into the side run area, set heights and take a run before each champs run if we want to do that?  Is just one run around a course, or can we just take a piece and do that?   I know that we are not to 'work' on one thing there, right?

Isabel
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »
Same rules apply as anywhere else really.  You can re attempt a couple times if you're having an issue.  But you can't sit and drill one sequence over and over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoabDiane

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Maybe I am belaboring a point that doesn't need to be made, but.
It sounded like, from another post, that the side  run options were a pretty full schedule.
So is the chance of someone just "dropping in" to use it as warm up really an option?
It won't matter to me, but it might to some others. 

Better start packing! 😁
Diane

KarissaKS

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 12:10:55 PM »
I was wondering the same as Diane -- who takes precedence, those who want to do a warm-up run before they enter the chutes, or those who paid for the run and are actually trying to qualify? I don't know what the breakdown is for runs per level in the side run ring, but since my runs are in Novice & Open with the baby dog I'm expecting the time my courses will be open for running will be shorter than for Elite, and I have to fit those in and hope that my 2 Veteran dogs aren't running in the same time frame in the big ring -- so I'm just curious how that's going to work if we get lines of people trying to use vouchers at the same time. If the side run ring was TNG or TN it wouldn't matter for timing, but it's Jumpers, Hoopers, and Chances, so things will change and there will be level changes.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
I like this idea.  I wouldn't necessarily want to run my dog through a full course and I would probably get there 10-15 dogs before I even need to get in line to be sure I had enough time to do it. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »
I mean, I was attempting a nice offering with the warm up vouchers.    Soooooo :)

I really don't foresee it being an issue to be honest.   

It's one of the reasons we limited the side runs to only 200 runs a day, we didn't want it to be crowded.

The important thing to remember is that the warm up vouchers are to be used for just that, a WARM UP.   A warm up does not need to happen on a elite level course, and again the alternative is no one gets vouchers and the only warm up available is a jump in the chutes.    So I think this is probably a nicer option.

4 hours to do 100 runs on a single class is a VERY large window.     So it shouldn't really be crowded at all.

If I recall correctly from two years ago in Springfield it was very very rare for there to be a line of dogs in the side runs.

So, I think everyone will do just peachy :)

danforth

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
Thank you very much for this opportunity, Chris.  I think that it will be just what we need.

Isabel and Cocoa

Isabel and Cocoa

KarissaKS

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 05:04:55 PM »
I didn't realize there were only 200 side runs per day, total. I agree, that should not take very long.

Do the paid runs take precedence, then?

MoabDiane

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
Thanks, Chris!  It is a great opportunity for all!   I didn't realize there were that many runs in that amount of time.  Easy-peasy!!

[He thinks of EVERYTHING!!]

diane