Author Topic: Pre-Payment for "warm-up" area  (Read 910 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Pre-Payment for "warm-up" area
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »
I didn't realize there were only 200 side runs per day, total. I agree, that should not take very long.

Do the paid runs take precedence, then?

Yup! 

I will probably mention it in the briefing for folks to plan ahead a bit with those runs.   

I wouldn't recommend walking up to do your voucher run if you're the next dog into the chutes for instance.   But if you give yourself maybe 2-3 dogs before you go into the chute it should give everyone plenty of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhodges865

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 07:23:03 AM »
So how are the side runs with multiple levels going to work?  Will it be an hour per level per class (8-9 novice jumpers, 9-10 open jumpers, etc)??  Just wondering so I can plan ahead.  I only volunteered for the day I am NOT running since this year is different and I didn't want to miss my paid runs because I was working.

Also, for those who need to "warm up" before their run, my dog will be barking if she has to wait in line for very long (if a paid run is waiting and 2-3 champs warm ups need to "cut in").  I know this year is different with only 1 big area to run (champs and side runs) and while there is barking at dog shows, she's not quiet about anything.
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 08:53:40 AM »
So how are the side runs with multiple levels going to work?  Will it be an hour per level per class (8-9 novice jumpers, 9-10 open jumpers, etc)??  Just wondering so I can plan ahead.  I only volunteered for the day I am NOT running since this year is different and I didn't want to miss my paid runs because I was working.

Also, for those who need to "warm up" before their run, my dog will be barking if she has to wait in line for very long (if a paid run is waiting and 2-3 champs warm ups need to "cut in").  I know this year is different with only 1 big area to run (champs and side runs) and while there is barking at dog shows, she's not quiet about anything.

The levels are pretty disproportionate.   Elite has the most runs, while Open and Novice are pretty small.  So we'll give Elite the most time, probably around 2.5 hours.   And then the last 1.5 hours will be for Open and Novice.     

If you are working and need to leave to get your side runs in it's pretty easy to have someone jump in for you as well, so I wouldn't stress too much, just be sure to let us know if you need a replacement and we'll make it happen :)

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
Very cool Chris- thanks for thinking of the vouchers- that's a nice option.

Lynn & Maverick
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)