Author Topic: Thank you for a terrific, dream come true week!  (Read 397 times)

Heidi Konesko

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Thank you for a terrific, dream come true week!
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:08:38 AM »
I just want to express my thanks and appreciation to Chris and Amanda and all of the NADAC staff, and of course to Sharon for creating NADAC in the first place.  My experience running in my first Champs was really terrific, even better than I had hoped it would be.  Even though we were near the bottom in the standings, (which I admit was hard to hear), I was so happy that my dogs and I had confidence and connection and energy, and in some ways performed better than we do at local trials.  Why was it a "dream come true" for me?  Because i went.  I have been doing NADAC for a really long time but never felt ready or brave enough to go.  I knew that this year was my last chance to go with my wonderful 10 year old, Penny, so I said dammit, we are going!  From working hard to qualify, to saving up my vacation time at work, to joining a gym to get my endurance up, the year was all aimed at going.  And we did it!!  It was so great to see so many super fast and accurate dogs and handlers running the same courses as we did, in the same huge arena!  It's clear that everyone works really hard to get there, and that everyone loves their dogs very much too.  I think the thing that stood out for me the most was how much the organizers care about the exhibitors, and care that we all have a good experience.  It would have been easier to just say "too bad" when things didn't work out for someone, but instead they were sincere about trying to make it a positive memory for EVERYONE.  I'll never forget the look of concern on Chris's face when he asked "Is everything all right???" when I told him I was scratching my dog from one run.  Yes, everything was fine, she just doesn't weave, and this course had 5 sets! He immediately understood and gave such a sympathetic look, I knew that I was doing the right thing for me and my dog and wouldn't be discounted because of it.  Really glad that I could support NADAC by going to Champs this year, and hope that I can do it again!  I'm already working on my list of things to remember for 2019!   
-Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack    ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:35:16 AM by Heidi Konesko »
Heidi in NH with Penny and Hi Jack
Molly and Sophie at the Bridge

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
Re: Thank you for a terrific, dream come true week!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:31:46 AM »
I agree Heidi-  it was a great experience and I got the same warm concern when I scratched Fitzroy from a run- they were understandably busy and could have just said "ok he's scratched" but instead they took a moment to make sure all was ok with us- which was appreciated.     

I think the whole NADAC team did a wonderful job making everyone feel welcome and belonged.   That is not an easy feat when you are trying to run a major event with every personality on the spectrum represented.   ;D

Going even knowing we would not be a contender for any big award was an amazing experience.   I never dreamed I would come home with a ribbon as Roxanne doesn't weave either.  When Round 4 was set and there were no weaves I told her "this is our course baby let's do this!" and we exceeded my expectations by getting 7th place!   I made sure to thank Chris and Amanda for that course!   

To anyone who is even thinking of going to Champs-  do it!   The experience is well worth it.   

Mary P.

Rosemary

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:35:11 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly with the accolades of everyone involved in organizing and running Champs!  They went above and beyone to be clear about how things were to work.  They were very visible and available.  The positive attitude that was conveyed did wonders to calm the nerves of this newbie who had been having panic attacks for the month prior to going.
Now that I have done this once, I am anxious to do it again!

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
For Cocoa and I this was our first and most likely only Champs.   Since we qualified last winter/spring, he has been running more and more slowly.  I thought that we might really not fit into Champs even though we were there.   But everyone was so supportive that I had a great time and learned a lot.  We did manage to get some slow and clean runs that felt good.   We also scratched one run when it would have been very late and probably would have been very slow and not felt good for me.   Again, there was no problem doing that.

Just being able to watch all the other folks running was enlightening.

Thank you for such a fantastic and well run event.

Isabel and Cocoa
Isabel and Cocoa

Ditz

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
Loved the fact that so many of my favorite NADAC teams from New England, New York and the Northeast were at the Champs.  Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to find a location that was close enough so I and my friends could be there.  It was wonderful!

RobertStewart

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 05:06:13 AM »
Champs was a blast! Rocket Man and even Ellie (now retired) enjoyed meeting so many new people, the fun and the interesting courses great vendors and how well organized overall the event was. Double Digit Dogs Rule!
Robert Stewart

NATCH-8, V-NATCH-7, MACH-2, ADCH/LAA Platinum Rocket Man

NATCH-4, V-NATCH 4, MACH, PDCH/LAA - Bronze, Ellie

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 07:45:51 PM »
Champs this year was awesome- I know that many people worked hard to make it so, and it is so appreciated! 

I could go on and on, but I'll just say THANK YOU!!!

Lynn and Maverick
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)