Author Topic: Arena Lighting  (Read 426 times)

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
    • Art and Dog Blog
Arena Lighting
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
Hey there,

What is the overhead lighting like in the arena?  Dim?  Bright?  Even?  Uneven?   And are there windows around the perimeter that could create glare during certain times of the day?  My reason for asking is my 9 yo AT Lil struggled a bit during some runs at recent trial in an arena that had a combination of dim lighting and bright light coming in from the open sides. 

Dev, Lil and Takoda
Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
Re: Arena Lighting
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:16:04 AM »
No windows!!!!  YAY!!!!!  But it's been a few years, do I don't know about the actual lighting now.  It was fine then, but maybe 8 years ago.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »
I was there for a herding trial and it still has pretty good lighting.  Yes no windows.  And the roof is flat not peaked so I am hoping the acoustics are good for my hard of hearing Ol girl :)  The facility is awesome and pretty much the same as when we were there before except for 1000 more RV hookups  LOL
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
Jeannie,
Are you serious about the 1000 RV hookups? Where did they put them?
Thanks - Kitty Bowman

Kitty & K9 Kids @ Kamp Kitty

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 01:21:40 PM »
LOL maybe not quite a 1000 but there is a ton of them!!  More than we would ever need  ;D
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil, and Takoda

• Art and Dog Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
Thanks!   The lighting sounds pretty good!  I guess we won't need to worry about blowing fuses in our RVs at this site! Added benefit!  Dev
Dev Sperber, Jake, Lil and Takoda

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • Agility Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »
The Cam-Plex had over 700 RV hookups the last time Champs was there. Most of them were behind the race track, on grass. Since then they have added a boat load of RV hookups near the arena.  They are located on either side of the Windmill Drive that you drive down to get to the arena. So all are within walking distance of the arena. Almost all are flat and level, unlike the ones near the bathroom. (Windmill  RV Park). The Realta RV park sites  have full hookups and there is over 100 of those sites. The Marquee RV Park has over 250 full hookups and it is directly adjacent to the Realta RV sites, along Windmill Drive.  The East Pavillion is the arena we will use and the Central Pavilion is where the crating, raffle, ribbons and vendors will be located. It is a huge building and climate controlled.

Here is the site map of the camplex.   

http://www.cam-plex.com/157/Facilities-Map
Marj Vincent
Volt, Scotty & Java
Bozeman, MT

Life's motto: "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!"

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
Thanks, Marj, for this update and site map.  They sure have added a lot since 2010!!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!