Author Topic: Hosting a trial  (Read 332 times)

terrygsano@comcast.net

• Trial Secretary
Hosting a trial
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
Hello! Hoping someone can help. Our club is planning on throwing our first trial next fall. I know I found an equipment list on this site before but now I can't seem to find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I need a list of minimum equipment (numbers included) for hosting a trial. Thanks, Terry

Jeanne Allen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Hosting a trial
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »
Go to http://www.nadac.com/clubs-judges.htm and look for the application to host a trial.  On the bottom of the form it lists the minimum equipment needed.  The one thing I did not see on the list was a barrel. You will need at least one for Regular and/or Touch N Go, but need at least 4 barrels if you offer Barrelers.
Jeanne Allen and the Blue Dogs Gypsy and Jester
Boise, ID

terrygsano@comcast.net

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:04:44 PM »
Thank you!

ResQ_Dogs

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
If finances will stretch to it, consider budgeting for an extra barrel and an extra tunnel. Pee happens, especially If you have a lot of new teams, and it's much easier to quickly swap out a barrel or tunnel that needs cleaning for a new one than to stop the trial while you try to get things clean enough for the next dog to use. Same goes for an extra set of cones, although our cones tend to get stepped on more than peed on.

Good luck with your trials!
Diane Driscoll
Greensboro GA