Author Topic: Historical Question  (Read 956 times)

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
Re: Historical Question
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 08:44:27 AM »
Also I think many clubs had slatless fairly quickly.  It wasn't an issue unless you used equipment to hold other organization trials. 

Gina
Gina Pizzo
Abbey, Trek and Shay

Steve Stochaj

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
Here is what they looked like in 1998.
Steve Stochaj

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 06:54:32 AM »
Thanks.  Our club started holding trials for another venue.  When clubs in the Southeast began holding NADAC trials, we became interested.  I mostly remember thinking at each NADAC trial, "What a fun course to run!"  I know when Canine Cruisers began to hold NADAC trials, we had a judge comment that we could extend the contact zone on the dog walk to help out our exhibitors.  And when we HAD to go slates, I was hooked on NADAC and purchased dog walk and a-frame to comply with the rule change.  Just couldn't remember which year.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, Walker & the shadow

agilityjunkie

• Trial Secretary
    • Agility Junkies
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »
The answers are all in the old Yahoo Group. We made a video for Sharon using a slatted and non-slatted aframe in the facility that we moved into in 2000 to demonstrate how dogs avoided the slats when they were running down the aframe. Slats were definitely allowed in the 90's, I have a picture of the aframe behind me from a trial in 1996 or 97. There was a table, a chute, a tire and a teeter in the ring, too, I still have the VHS videos.
Lora Del Page