Author Topic: Travel Savings through La Quinta  (Read 7590 times)

RobertStewart

Re: Travel Savings through La Quinta
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »
Make a note y'all, there's been a lot of information going around about La Quinta having been bought out by another hotel chain. And they are looking at changing their dog policies and reserving only limited numbers of rooms for people with dogs. And it will be done on a first come basis. I'm sure if La Quinta hears from all over the dog world the new ownership will alter their potential policies. I know several folks who've called and no consistent or definitive answer are available as of yet.  For those of us who occaisionally travel for trials, this could be a major glitch.
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-10, AA-NATCH, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH Sidheag, MXP2, MXJP2,  MFP, APD

Wynndzor, NCC, NAC, TGN, S-TN-E, O-WV-O, AX, AXJ, AXF,

At the Bridge

Ellie aka Mama Ellie, a terrier, yet Mother of Shelties
Misty Leigh
"Q!"

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
LQ has a Facebook page where "dog issues" have come up from time to time.  That might be one place to say how much you love LQ and being allowed to have dogS...big S on that.   https://www.facebook.com/laquinta/ 
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Foomin Z

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
I've been hearing that starting this year, many LQs have been adding on a pet fee if you bring a dog, even if the reservation was made before the start of the new fee schedule. Anyone else running into this?

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 10:47:29 AM »
It's been posted on a local FB group.  LQ is now in the Wyndham group and there was a policy change.  Check the website.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 06:09:37 PM »
This is going to impact my travel plans in a big way.  I always stay and an LQ, but will have to reevaluate.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

David Tharle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »
One of the biggest ripoffs in the hospitality industry.
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

Tikvah01es

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »
Awesome!  Thank you Chris!  Appreciate all that you do for us!!

Rachelle
Rachelle Jensen

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 12:24:20 PM »
LQ has posted their new pet policy on their webpage.   I cutting in a little of it below.  Some LQ will no longer accept dogs at all.  A list is on the website (bottom of page, click pet policy.)   Sounds like, for at least this first year, LQ may change nothing, $10 or $20 per night.  I sure hope it is not per night/per dog....that gets really expensive.  If they need mdore $$ for the additional pets I sure wish it was a marginal amount...say 1/2 for the additional dogs.

1. We love all kinds of animals, but only domestic pets, like cats and dogs, are allowed to stay at La Quinta.
2. While our rooms are spacious, no more than two (2) domestic pets are allowed per room.
3. Hotels may limit pets to those under 75 pounds in weight. At the time of booking please call the hotel.
4. When you check in, let the front desk staff know you’ll have a pet in your room.   A current contact number must be left with the front desk and an optional pet fee may be charged at check in ($20 per night for maximum of $40 per stay per room). Authorized service animals are not subject to a pet fee.
   then it goes on with the normal, pick up after your dog, do not leave they in your room unattended, etc.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.