General > General Discussion

Western Regional winners

(1/3) > >>

Sheila & the Shelties:
I just wanted to clarify exactly what the prize is for winners of their class in Western regionals.  I thought it was for a free entry for Champs in 2018. Other people have said it gets you an entry into finals at Champs in 2018, no matter what your performance. Or even if you don't enter other runs? Some say both or something else. Can you clarify exactly what the prices are and who the Prize winners are?  Is there any documentation needed to prove you are one of those winners?

Kyle:
It sounded so simple when I was at the Regional now it's become very confusing!  :) The way I understood it was that if you won your class at the Regional you were already *qualified* to enter Championships. But, to me, "qualified" doesn't mean it's paid for.  :) I always assumed I would be paying my entry fee. I also understood that I would be included in the Finals round no matter how my dog and I did at Championships. Those were the two things I understood from Sharon....and I really hope I didn't misunderstand!

I think part of the confusion are the terms being used of a "buy" or a "bye" into Champs. Neither of those are terms that I use so I was confused. That's why I just use that you are "already qualified" or a term that would be way more fun would be "INSTANTLY Qualified". Now *that* sounds like a super duper game show type prize!!  8)

I sure hope there's no documentation required since we didn't get any!  ;D All we have is a medal that says "1st" on it.  ;D

-Kyle

Sharon Nelson:

--- Quote from: Kyle on December 07, 2017, 08:49:13 AM ---It sounded so simple when I was at the Regional now it's become very confusing!  :) The way I understood it was that if you won your class at the Regional you were already *qualified* to enter Championships. But, to me, "qualified" doesn't mean it's paid for.  :) I always assumed I would be paying my entry fee. I also understood that I would be included in the Finals round no matter how my dog and I did at Championships. Those were the two things I understood from Sharon....and I really hope I didn't misunderstand!

I think part of the confusion are the terms being used of a "buy" or a "bye" into Champs. Neither of those are terms that I use so I was confused. That's why I just use that you are "already qualified" or a term that would be way more fun would be "INSTANTLY Qualified". Now *that* sounds like a super duper game show type prize!!  8)

I sure hope there's no documentation required since we didn't get any!  ;D All we have is a medal that says "1st" on it.  ;D

-Kyle

--- End quote ---

I had really super duper certificates all printed out too!  But I forgot to pass them out during the celebration.  I could email them and people cou print them out!

Sharon

Sheila & the Shelties:
I think you are right, Kyle. That may have been the confusion. Until recently, I was unfamiliar with the term "bye: as it related to sports. I just want to get it clarified so that I know I have to up my savings program if I want to go to Champs next year.

Thanks, Sharon, that would be great to have a certificate. That way if we needed any documentation of our status, we would have it. But what exactly is the status of the award for the winners?

Chris Nelson:
Kyle's explanation is correct.

You get a invitation to Champs, so if you don't quite meet the qualification requirements you're still good to go.
And you get into the finals round, regardless of where you placed in the rounds leading up to finals.

We'll have to see how it works for this year, since it's still a new idea for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version