Author Topic: Regional info  (Read 4152 times)

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Regional info
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 06:43:42 AM »
Have there been any decisions made regarding Bonus runs at Regionals?  I know you had said you'd be discussing it further.
Linda

Linda,

Chris had told us to keep an eye on the NADAC website for updated info on the Regionals. A few days ago, under "Events", "NADAC Regionals", there's some basic entry type information, one item is this: "Teams wanting to enter into the Stakes divisions at Champs can also earn an invite via a regional." This leads me to believe that Stakes classes will be offered and we will have the opportunity to win an invite. Since there is no information stating that competition is required to earn an invite, I'm going with the idea that Chris changed his mind.  ;D Yay!  ;D Thank you Chris!!!

Hope this helps,
-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 09:37:52 AM »
Have there been any decisions made regarding Bonus runs at Regionals?  I know you had said you'd be discussing it further.
Linda

Linda,

Chris had told us to keep an eye on the NADAC website for updated info on the Regionals. A few days ago, under "Events", "NADAC Regionals", there's some basic entry type information, one item is this: "Teams wanting to enter into the Stakes divisions at Champs can also earn an invite via a regional." This leads me to believe that Stakes classes will be offered and we will have the opportunity to win an invite. Since there is no information stating that competition is required to earn an invite, I'm going with the idea that Chris changed his mind.  ;D Yay!  ;D Thank you Chris!!!

Hope this helps,
-Kyle

I think we came up with a decent compromise. 

Like I mentioned it can't be via competition between people, because 90% of the areas wouldn't have enough entries.

So over the 4 rounds of Regular where the Regional scoring takes place we will put down 3 lines.   Super, Silver and Starter.

To get an invite would require you to meet these requirements:

Super: 3 Bonuses from the Super Stakes line.   With 2 of those being over 100 DRI

Silver: 2 Bonuses from the Silver Stakes line

Starter: 1 Bonus from the Starter Stakes line.

The higher level lines would cascade down to the other levels.   So if you got 2 Super Stakes Bonuses those would also count towards Starter and Silver.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
Linda

Linda,

Hope this helps,
-Kyle
Thanks, Kyle!  I missed that information.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
Hi Chris,
On January 17 Roger asked for information regarding a regional in the southwest.
The closest is an 18 hour drive and longer for those west of Arizona.
Is there any consideration for adding a southwestern regional?
Thanks
Jeff

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »
Hi Chris,
On January 17 Roger asked for information regarding a regional in the southwest.
The closest is an 18 hour drive and longer for those west of Arizona.
Is there any consideration for adding a southwestern regional?
Thanks
Jeff

The Regional last year held in Reno, NV counts as the southwestern-ish type regional. :-) Chris may do a test run of the new “gamblers” type class at the Norco Fundraiser in May, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Thanks,  :-)
Amanda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

Jeff Newman

• Just Live It!
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »
Thanks for the response Amanda! 8)
I do remember there was a regional in Reno last year. Southwestern-ish 12 hour drive aside, there was also another event at the same time last year in Ohio. There have also been some rule changes for regional competition which were not in place at the time last year. :) So the answer to my question would be no, NADAC is not considering a 2018 regional with the current rules in place closer to Arizona than 18 hours? :)
Thanks,
Jeff   :(

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »
Thanks for the response Amanda! 8)
I do remember there was a regional in Reno last year. Southwestern-ish 12 hour drive aside, there was also another event at the same time last year in Ohio. There have also been some rule changes for regional competition which were not in place at the time last year. :) So the answer to my question would be no, NADAC is not considering a 2018 regional with the current rules in place closer to Arizona than 18 hours? :)
Thanks,
Jeff   :(

Unless something changes, I doubt we will be adding another regional. Both of our schedules are so booked, I don’t think we would be able to find another date to make work for everyone....
:-(

Amanda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2018, 05:33:03 AM »
There just isn't enough time this year in our schedules to host another regional.

And the more pressing issue is that dogs who attended the Reno Regional got their invites and byes for Champs.   So to hold another one would double up on the number of folks who could get them, which wouldn't be fair to the rest of the country that is only getting one regional in their respective areas

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »
So, is this year's regional good only for this years Champs?  I don't plan on attending Champs this year because it is just too far, but if I should win (which is not likely) would that hold over for next year? and who would then get my spot for this year?
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
Nobody would "get your spot." The winners of each regional get a pass into the finals round, which is a courtesy. If the regional winner(s) don't attend Champs then only the standard top 33% of competitors will run in finals.

The finals round at Champs is already very large. I don't think we need to worry about bumping up 2nd or 3rd place regional placements to "fill" it.

There are many people who attend the Regional events of various organizations and have absolutely no plan to attend the national event. If you win a Bye in USDAA you can't pass that on to someone else and it must be used in that qualifying year.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:48:44 AM by KarissaKS »
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH2/NATCH3 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy & Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2018, 06:06:37 PM »
Exactly like Karissa said.

The most we will do is for the folks who win and can't come to Champs for 2018, is a discounted entry for the following year.

Cathie Cage

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:46 PM »
So if you win a regional do you still have to pay your entry fee to champs?
Cathie Cage

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:32 PM »
So if you win a regional do you still have to pay your entry fee to champs?

We can do a discount! 

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 08:17:47 AM »
While it's nice for NADAC to consider a discount for Regional winners, I personally think it isn't needed or it should be a small discount since NADAC still needs to make money! Regional winners are already getting automatically allowed into champs, so they do not need to get the required Q's to qualify for champs. This is great for younger dogs or people who do not have very many trials close by.

Like someone else mentioned, in USDAA if you get a regional qualifier, all it does is give you a bye into the second round. If you don't go, you lose it. The teams do not get a discount (other than the money saved from not entering the first round).

Chris and Amanda have been extremely generous in trying to work with everyone.

I do not have a regional event anywhere near CO this year, but I have champs close by, so that works!

Lindsey
www.mountaindogsports.com

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 08:55:37 AM »
Exactly like Karissa said.

The most we will do is for the folks who win and can't come to Champs for 2018, is a discounted entry for the following year.

Thanks!  That makes sense.  I was just confirming what I thought. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso