General > General Discussion

New Obstacle Ideas

<< < (2/4) > >>

Richard Wolfe:
Some good ideas here for obstacles. But let's remember NADAC is all about fast and flowing,  I like it that way!!!!

Edraith:
Had another tunnelesque idea: the clear ones that run at heights like they do at SuperDogs! That is definitly fast. The clip i saw was as a race after all!

Audri, Cee Cee, Lily, Toto, and Calypso:

--- Quote from: Richard Wolfe on February 28, 2018, 04:22:59 PM ---Some good ideas here for obstacles. But let's remember NADAC is all about fast and flowing,  I like it that way!!!!

--- End quote ---

This was just a fun thread.  No way that we could do these.  LOL!

Fonz N. Bob:
Iíd like to see three foot tunnels on any NADAC course that allows tunnels..... for real.  Like a barrel on its side as shown in Sharonís demonstration of a DASH course.  There would be no impediment to the fast and flowing course.  However, handlers would need to time their cue accurately.  Can you say Training Challenge?

Also, it would add a little more variety to the small list of equipment now available on courses. 

Downside is the NADAC course designers would have to alter/create a bunch more courses, and clubs would need to get a few 3í tunnels, or just turn their barrels on their sides and put a set of tunnel bag over the top.

My other suggestion is bring back the teeter, but with a 12 inch fulcrum instead of 24 inch fulcrum, with rubber and no slats.  I realize that would increase the burden on all the clubs and Iím not forgeting why it was removed in the first place.  Itís just something I was thinking about...... like the water jump or crawl tunnel.

Also, interestingly, recently heard that some people were not entering NADAC trials because of the metal jumps with the metal jump cups.  They want plastic jumps with those flexible rubberish jump cups.   Have there been any conversations about that going around?

knittingdog:

--- Quote from: Fonz N. Bob on March 07, 2018, 10:09:20 PM ---Also, interestingly, recently heard that some people were not entering NADAC trials because of the metal jumps with the metal jump cups.  They want plastic jumps with those flexible rubberish jump cups.   Have there been any conversations about that going around?

--- End quote ---

I admit I'm not a fan of the metal jump cups.  Especially since some dogs have been taught to turn tightly around the jump standards and from what I can tell, there will be more wraps in NADAC.

Would be really easy to bring back the tire with the requirement that it's breakaway.  Most clubs already own one!

Robin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version