Author Topic: Changing dogs name to show AKC titles  (Read 2301 times)

Donna Kaye

Changing dogs name to show AKC titles
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
Is there a way to add recently earned AKC titles to the NADAC records so that it appears on the title certificates?  I understand that AKC is the "registration" body but I wish NADAC titles were recognized in the name.

Ed and Tres

Re: Changing dogs name to show AKC titles
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:53:54 PM »
Is there a way to add recently earned AKC titles to the NADAC records so that it appears on the title certificates?  I understand that AKC is the "registration" body but I wish NADAC titles were recognized in the name.

I don't quite understand what you are asking for.

I think you are asking to change your NADAC dog's registration name to include AKC titles?

To me this is an administrative nightmare and why should your NADAC certificate show another sanctioning venue's titles?

Do the certificates from other venue's show all  titles from other venues?  I've only ever done NADAC.

I could see a one-time name change as reasonable but if a dog is to constantly change their registration names seems a bit too much to ask especially for the purpose described.
Ed & Tres
Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Off Course Agility Podcast
available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher and Anchor

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
My AKC records/certificates don't list my titles in any other organizations. The only cross over I can think of is their affiliation with NADD (dock diving). I think it's asking a bit much to expect various agility organizations to recognize titles earned in another organization.

Aren't certificates provided in PDF format? Maybe you could edit the certificate to add the title letters yourself?
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, NATCH/ADCH Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

DonnaKaye

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
Thanks for the input. I wasn't looking to cause any administrative headaches, was just wondering. I appreciate your replies.

Donna