Author Topic: Weaving question  (Read 410 times)

Goldenbcagilitychamps

• Its the Journey that counts, not the destination!
    • GoldenBCDreams
Weaving question
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
Hi All,

I tell you my youngest boy is giving me whole new "issues" that my past oh....5 dogs never have!  Bars?   What bars - I only see that next obstacle ahead!   But the other behavior he is presenting me with is his weave poles.

Likes to weave, single foots, does them independently (learned on w.a.m's, but had stiff upright poles at my training field, so once they were up straight, went back and forth).

He's now really hitting the poles - which he never did before (!).  Yes, I do think he's just trying to get through them as fast as he can, however it's not working this way and I'm not sure what to do to help because I don't want him slowing down, but also don't want him to start to worry them, because of hitting them (my poles are at 24").

He does weave the poles and doesn't just blast through them, but now because of hitting them his footing will get all messed up and then he's just all over the place with his feet where he always had really nice single footing.  (I don't care which way my dogs weave - single/double whatever as long as they are consistent and do all of them with some speed).

He's also maturing (now 2.5 yr, male golden) which is giving him more "body" to get through them.  He's not a huge dog by any means (23"- 66#), but definitely more than my previous dogs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Becky and Boys
www.goldenbcdreams.com
Florida