Author Topic: Tennessee Miller Coliseum  (Read 1564 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Tennessee Miller Coliseum
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
Is there anyone here who has a contact with the Miller coliseum?

Iíve tried contacting them multiple times,  and would truly love to ask them about dates and such but I cannot get a reply.

If anyone has a connection there I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Tennessee Miller Coliseum
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
Chris,    May I have permission to post this on the Tennessee NADAC FB group?
Linda,
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
Chris,    May I have permission to post this on the Tennessee NADAC FB group?
Linda,
Absolutely!

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:52 PM »
Done!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Greg Brasen

• Judge
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »
Hey Chris. I think the guy I used to work with for booking at MTSU's Livestock center where I hold my local shows is still over Miller.  I can give them a call on Monday and see if I can't put them in touch with you (I don't have his direct number unfortunately)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
The email Iíve gotten from their website is for Travis Lemore I believe.

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 03:21:38 AM »

Iíve tried contacting them multiple times,  and would truly love to ask them about dates and such but I cannot get a reply.

so that's concerning and quite telling if you ask me....if they won't  get back to you now what will happen if you book there and have problems? Just playing devils advocate a little ....bad business practices
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »

so that's concerning and quite telling if you ask me....if they won't  get back to you now what will happen if you book there and have problems? Just playing devils advocate a little ....bad business practices
Iím hoping there is a viable reason like my emails going straight to spam.

Maureen deHaan

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 06:39:53 AM »
One can hope - and I certainly do - but buyer beware - keep it in the back of your mind  8)
Maureen, Kiva & Zoe
Play~Bow
Kingston, NY

"A great dog is not determined by its papers"

Sandy Langan

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
I have not attended any events at Miller Coliseum, but other club members of Circle of Friends have been there several times for USDAA dog agility major events in the past and have liked it a lot. Maybe someone at USDAA headquarters could help you out with this matter Chris. Sandy Langan

Foomin Z

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »
I wonder if there is a general issue with this location recently? USDAA has scheduled a couple of prominent events this year in a different location in TN, other than the usual Murfreesboro.

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
I wonder if there is a general issue with this location recently? USDAA has scheduled a couple of prominent events this year in a different location in TN, other than the usual Murfreesboro.

The Franklin location isn't new, they had Titlemania there last year as well.  The facility in Franklin (Williamson County Agricultural Expo) is smaller than the Miller Coliseum -- Titlemania and the new Cup event are not nearly the size of Cynosport. We easily fit 2 rings in there for regular AKC trials, I believe they are squeezing 3 in there for Titlemania. Just saying that I'm sure being in Franklin for those events has nothing to do with their experience at Miller. I heard nothing but good things about the Cynosport event last year.

Regarding contacts at Miller -- have you tried calling?
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

ResQ_Dogs

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 07:10:43 AM »
Yes agree with Karissa. Tennessee Miller is too big for TitleMania and other events smaller than Cynosport. I've been to Cynosport at Tennessee Miller three times and love it. They have room for 5 rings between the coliseum and the attached warm-up building, plus an adjacent building big enough for a 6th ring. Tons of RV sites, acres of open space, hundreds of stalls with a covered walkway to the coliseum. Excellent seating with good views of the main rings. The mezzanine is really nice for vendors. I don't know about upper management, but the staff there was courteous and responsive to my requests. The only thing there that gets a thumbs down from me is the concession stand, but there's a grocery store and restaurants less than a mile down the road. Diane
Diane Driscoll
Greensboro GA

Greg Brasen

• Judge
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 01:56:37 PM »
Could also be availability of dates.  I know a lot of the horse shows moved to Miller when it opened. Also am pretty sure the Ag center in Franklin is cheaper than Miller (and I assume usdaa is not expecting quite as big of a crowd as they do for Cynosports)