Author Topic: June Announcement for January 2019 Rule Changes  (Read 8062 times)

Re: June Announcement for January 2019 Rule Changes
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2018, 11:51:58 PM »
It sounded like with standardized premiums, there will be a standardized starting time. Is that correct? Will there be standardized classes as well? Will all the runs be double runs in the future? Is there any leeway at all in deciding what classes are offered?
Sheila & the Shelties

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2018, 11:55:53 PM »
It sounded like with standardized premiums, there will be a standardized starting time. Is that correct? Will there be standardized classes as well? Will all the runs be double runs in the future? Is there any leeway at all in deciding what classes are offered?
Definitely no on all counts.

Standardized only means that the info will be in the same place for all premiums, but the info within will be different per the clubs normal routine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostondirtdogs07

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »
In regards to the newly revised "swap option", is this offered at the discretion of the Club only or is it Owner's choice?  Does is have to be listed in the premium to be taken?

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »
In regards to the newly revised "swap option", is this offered at the discretion of the Club only or is it Owner's choice?  Does is have to be listed in the premium to be taken?
Purely a club choice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desiree

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2018, 07:13:40 AM »
Quick question on the Grandfathering.  You indicated in the video that the NADAC office needed to receive a copy of the title certificate from another venue to enter the higher level.  If an exhibitor sends in an AKC Master (Elite) level standard (regular) title certificate does this allow them to enter in all the elite classes or just the regular class?  My thought was that other venues do not have Weavers, Tunnelers......does the exhibitor still need to start at Novice in any class not offered by another venue?
Desiree and the Munchkin gang plus one!

SandeeStewie

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
Quick question on the Grandfathering.  You indicated in the video that the NADAC office needed to receive a copy of the title certificate from another venue to enter the higher level.  If an exhibitor sends in an AKC Master (Elite) level standard (regular) title certificate does this allow them to enter in all the elite classes or just the regular class?

I'd like to add to the question on grandfathering that was not clear to me from the video & couldn't find anything written down in the rule book yet.
Is there a mapping that NADAC will use for titles from other venues? (fwiw UKI lists such a mapping between levels in AKC, CKC, USDAA, CPE, UKI)
e.g. say your dog has progressed through AKC novice, open & excellent titles, now competing in Masters would that make the dog eligible to compete in NADAC Elite, or would the AKC Masters dog have to title in AKC Masters before being grandfathered into NADAC Elite?
To second Amanda's question, does the title only apply to specific classes that can be mapped or does one title grandfather the dog into all NADAC classes at that level?
Is grandfathering a one time deal like UKI at initial registration or open-ended - If open ended does that then allow multiple grandfathering in the same class (or to all classes depending on answer to previous question) as titles are gained in other venues?

Matt.
Sandee/Stewie

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
If everybody could just hold tight for a little bit I can answer everyone's questions.

It's a work in progress so I would like to get everything finalized in the rulebook before I start answering too much :)

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2019, 01:46:47 PM »
The current rule book is a bit confusing. 
  2.1 last bullet states "Any dog that has not previously entered a NADAC trial must begin all classes at the Intro or Novice level."   Later iin the rule book
  4.1 talks about grandfathering in dogs performing a higher levels in other venues.

Suggestion...Add a note at the end of 2.1 directing folks to the Grandfathering instructions in 4.1.  Perhaps, "Dogs that hold advanced titles in other venues may qualify for grandfathering into higher levels.  See section 4.1 Levels; Grandfathering.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.