Author Topic: Border Collie Collapse Disorder  (Read 1867 times)

n8tr_lvr

Border Collie Collapse Disorder
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:18:58 AM »
My 2-year-old Border Collie was just diagnosed with Border Collie Collapse Disorder (aka Exercise Induced Collapse). Does anyone else have a dog with this condition? What modifications did you make to their agility career?

Thanks in advance!
Nicki

Lois Mierau

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Border Collie Collapse Disorder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 08:27:04 AM »
I have an almost nine year old with bcc.  Here is my email address if you want to chat privately.  sondog@sasktel.net
Lois Mierau
Sondog Agility
Saskatoon, Sk.
Canada

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:00:29 AM »
Hi Nicki,

It's been a while since your post and I was wondering what you may have learned and how you have decided to modify (or not) your dog's activity? Just curious, nothing else. Hope your dog is doing well and having fun!

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

n8tr_lvr

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
Thanks for asking, Kyle. Mac has been doing well. We were at a hot/humid outdoor trial in June and I just limited her to only half of her runs (this was shortly after her diagnosis). I took her to the pool after every run and had a cool coat on her when we waited in line. I know what her "tells" are so if she starts showing signs of distress, she's done for the day. I also have her participating in the University of Minnesota's study of the disorder.

Nicki
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:32:31 PM by n8tr_lvr »