Author Topic: 2018 World Competition  (Read 1712 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
2018 World Competition
« on: July 08, 2018, 08:22:51 AM »
NADAC World Competition

Hello everyone,

You may have heard about the possibility of NADAC doing a world competition for 2018.   

This is something we are going to be doing and I wanted to give everyone some info on it today.
Before we get too far into the specifics I would like to talk about the reason behind doing this.

For many years we have talked that it would be amazing for NADAC to have an event similar to world team, the issue that always stopped it from happening was that we would not want to require our competitors to fly their dogs in the cargo bay of an airplane, which is how most animals are required to be transported into other countries.

Because of this the idea was always shelved.

Which is a shame as it would be nice to include our competitors in the other continents in some way.

So, we’ve decided for this year that we will be having a joint event with the NADAC Championships in Gillette, Wyoming and a trial in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia hosted by Paws to Consider, which is run by the head of the Australian division of NADAC, Shirlene Clark and Wendy Napier.

The competition will be over 4 rounds.   The 4 rounds of NADAC Championships will be built to an exact grid with each obstacle measured and placed in exact coordinates with the posted map.   And the same will be done for the 4 rounds occurring in Australia.

Scoring will be the Regular Champs style.

Divisions will be based on wither height; the only sub-divisions will be Standard and Veteran. 

Elite level rounds in Australia will correspond to the Elite level at Championships, and Open level rounds will correspond to the Pre-Elite level at Championships.

The winners of each division will receive a custom-made trophy from NADAC, worthy of the accomplishment.

The goal of this program is to bring all the countries together and have a friendly competition among us.

Another main reason for doing this is that we have a lot more interest from other countries who have not done NADAC in the past and are working on getting programs started in their countries, and we would like to include them in the big competitions in some way.

Anyone entered in NADAC Championships is automatically entered into this competition, no extra steps are needed, And the same goes for anyone entering the trial in Ballarat.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and we’re all very excited to be offering this to our competitors this year and even more excited to be crowning a NADAC World Champion in each of the divisions!

Ed and Dino

Re: 2018 World Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:14 PM »
Hello World!

NADAC calling.
Ed & Tres
Morristown, NJ

Dino (At the Bridge)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
"Elite level rounds in Australia will correspond to the Elite level at Championships, and Open level rounds will correspond to the Pre-Elite level at Championships."
What about Stakes?  Will they be included in the Elite division?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

ricbonner

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »
like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
"Elite level rounds in Australia will correspond to the Elite level at Championships, and Open level rounds will correspond to the Pre-Elite level at Championships."
What about Stakes?  Will they be included in the Elite division?
Linda
There would need to be dogs competing in the stakes level in Australia for it to be a valid group.

So we won’t really know until the entries come in,  my gut feeling is that it might be hard, but there could possibly be a starter stakes team it just depends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgilityJeff

• Judge
    • SiteCrafters, Website Design, Hosting, and Applications
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:21:29 AM »
Sounds VERY interesting ... and fun!  Just throwing an idea up there, it could be really cool for runs on both side of the pond to be posted online somewhere so we can see how the other participants are running that same course.  I have to imagine with the time changes that we would not be running simultaneously ... otherwise someone is pulling an all-nighter!
Jeff Riedl
K9 Corps Agility - Greenville, WI
https://K9corps.club
K9 Kitchen - The Best stuff for your dog
https://K9.Kitchen

Rosemary

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »
Wow!  I love this idea!

SandeeStewie

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
Just throwing an idea up there, it could be really cool for runs on both side of the pond to be posted online somewhere so we can see how the other participants are running that same course.  I have to imagine with the time changes that we would not be running simultaneously ... otherwise someone is pulling an all-nighter!

Livestreaming an event from almost anywhere, even without wifi accessibility, is now in reach for most people, particularly those tech savvy.

Suzy Winkle

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »
So great! Yes, I would be discouraged from flying my dog in cargo, but what a great solution! I'm excited!
Suzy Winkle

Cheryl/Manny

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »
What a great plan.  Bravo to NADAC