Author Topic: 2019 Changes: Accepting equivalent titles from other agility venues  (Read 1101 times)

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Chris, how will this work?  Easy enough to understand an Excellent Standard title or a Master/PIII Standard lets a team start in Elite Regular.  Same for Exc Fast or Master/PIII Gamblers:  Elite Chances.  Master/PIII jumpers translates to Elite Jumpers.  Does Exc Jumpers with Weaves go to Elite Jumpers?

Now, what about the rest of the classes???  I will be communicating the changes to the local training club (it takes a  while to write stuff up for the club newsletter).  But I have to admit I don't know how TnG, TN, WV, HP, and BR fit in <grin>,
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: 2019 Changes: Accepting equivalent titles from other agility venues
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:42:47 PM »
We're still working that out ourselves!   What will most likely happen if you have have Excellent titles in Standard,JWW and Gamblers then you can enter Elite everything.

It WILL be a steep learning curve for some folks when they try an elite chances course.   But the beauty is they always have the option of moving down as well :)

rondadillard

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
Had a friend whose Westies are in Masters/PIII try Novice Chances at a VT today. She was amazed at the distance required just for the Novice level. I brought up the map and pointed out the Elite line. She had no idea the kind of distance required. I told her PIII Gambles and Master FAST classes are no problem if you can Q in Elite Chances regularly. Eye opening...

MoabDiane

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »
I havenít done AKC since you were a wee one, Chris (Sorry!!). But AFAIK, that venue doesnít have Gamblers.  FAST maybe? 
Diane

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:46:09 PM »
Yes sorry FAST :)

Janice_Shavor

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 07:43:34 AM »
Thanks.  That makes sense.

Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

RobertStewart

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 07:47:07 AM »
Had a friend whose Westies are in Masters/PIII try Novice Chances at a VT today. She was amazed at the distance required just for the Novice level. I brought up the map and pointed out the Elite line. She had no idea the kind of distance required. I told her PIII Gambles and Master FAST classes are no problem if you can Q in Elite Chances regularly. Eye opening...

I bring this up to people so often. although one of my dogs has platinum level gamblers in usdaa championship AND performance. FAST, in AKC these are hardly equivalent skills. Chances means exactly what Ronda said, If you can do Elite Chances, Gamblers and FAST are a breeze! People are really amazed at what's required in NADAC. Chances is a Unique skill set.  One friend gave up recently, and I had to reassure her, that you can't work Chances the same way you work Gamblers or FAST is a totally different and unique skill set.
Robert Stewart

NATCH-12, V-NATCH-10, AA-NATCH, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, VVD  Rocket Man

NATCH Sidheag, MXP2, MXJP2,  MFP, APD

Wynndzor, NCC, NAC, TGN, S-TN-E, O-WV-O, AX, AXJ, AXF,

At the Bridge

Ellie aka Mama Ellie, a terrier, yet Mother of Shelties
Misty Leigh
"Q!"