Author Topic: Regional winners  (Read 455 times)

bhodges865

Regional winners
« on: October 03, 2018, 04:59:55 AM »
I am curious if all the regional winners went to Champs this year?  I personally would never compete in a regional (maybe run a few classes but not all) if I knew I wasn't going to champs so as to not take that spot from someone who was going.
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN

kbriefel

Re: Regional winners
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 07:38:22 AM »
I won the Regional that took place in Maryland and did not go to Champs.  The trial would have been tiny (less than 10 dogs) if the criteria was going to Wyoming this year from the East.  FYI, the winner got a bye into the finals for 2018 and 2019 so obviously NADAC considered that folks participating might not travel that far west. 
I entered to support NADAC and my sponsoring club, PAWZAZZ, and because I looked forward to competition.  FYI again, I've had hotel reservations in Springfield for next year since the location and date was announced, and plan to earn my way into the finals even if I have earned a bye.

Ken Briefel and Max

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
In situations where the national event is a considerable distance from where a regional event takes place, that regional might be someone's "big event" for the year. I would never judge someone or think they "took someone's spot" because they attended (and won) a regional event with no plans of attending the national event. If they were better than everyone else on that day then kudos to them.

People win "byes" at USDAA regionals all of the time and don't go to Cyno. Nobody is taking anyone's spot. Everyone has the same opportunity to qualify outright. Everyone has the same opportunity to win. Byes are only a shortcut, and you need to win them. It would lessen the quality of competition if only those who were absolutely positive they were attending nationals attended.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

bhodges865

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:27:21 AM »
I won the Regional that took place in Maryland and did not go to Champs.  The trial would have been tiny (less than 10 dogs) if the criteria was going to Wyoming this year from the East.  FYI, the winner got a bye into the finals for 2018 and 2019 so obviously NADAC considered that folks participating might not travel that far west. 
I entered to support NADAC and my sponsoring club, PAWZAZZ, and because I looked forward to competition.  FYI again, I've had hotel reservations in Springfield for next year since the location and date was announced, and plan to earn my way into the finals even if I have earned a bye.

Ken Briefel and Max

Ah, didn't know it was good for 2 years, that makes much more sense.
Team TX Heeler
Knoxville, TN