Author Topic: 2020 Champs  (Read 3848 times)

Chris on Mushtown Road

• Trial Secretary
2020 Champs
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:48 PM »
It sounds as though Gillette has been announced for 2020. Is there a date?
Thanks,

Chris
Chris in MN
Maggie, Winn and DDare

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: 2020 Champs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »
It hasn't been announced.   Lots of folks are just making big assumptions :)

It's being talked about.   But contracts still have to be signed, dates have to be agreed on.    Not quite to the announcing stage right now :)

cheyaut

• CheyAut Ranch
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:14:18 PM »
I know of a new event center/arena,  and I'd like to look into it, to see if it could be a possible future location, but I can't find a thread I remember reading that discussed th requirements (such as RV spaces, etc). Any help?
Jessi Zamboni

okstitch@cox.net

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »
How about somewhere in the middle of America - like Oklahoma City? A wonderful fairgrounds area.

Amy McGovern

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 09:09:31 AM »
Tulsa has an excellent fairgrounds that AKC uses for their nationals on a regular basis.  I don't believe the OKC ones would satisfy all of Chris's rules.  I've been told that NADAC won't consider middle though :( As someone who would love for it to be in OKC or Tulsa, I'm sad!  But I get the reasoning. 
Amy and the schnauzers

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »
I would love for it to be in Tulsa!  Tulsa fairgrounds are amazing!!  Beautiful stall area!  I've competed out there in AKC for a few years and saw 2 AKC Nats there.  Great location!!
Some hotels out there tho are strict with dog limits.  There would probably have to be a host hotel designated, or two, with agreements on increasing pet limits.
Lorrie Stelz
Kaiden: NATCH 15 V-NATCH 12 AA NATCH 4 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye PT BN MX MXJ MXF TKI IT
Tripp: NATCH 7 V-NATCH 6 AA NATCH 4 BB's Embrace The Journey TKI IT
Sketch: BB's Nothin' But A Good Time TKI IT
ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 V-NATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF

John H. Gooldy

• 4 Paws Embroidery
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:52:51 AM »
Tulsa has an excellent fairgrounds that AKC uses for their nationals on a regular basis.  I don't believe the OKC ones would satisfy all of Chris's rules.  I've been told that NADAC won't consider middle though :( As someone who would love for it to be in OKC or Tulsa, I'm sad!  But I get the reasoning.

Seems like Tulsa would be a great location. St. Louis also has a nice facility at Lake St. Louis. Might be another location to look into. The Midwest seems like a great place to have a large event as Champs. NEC In St. Louis. Amy, what is the reasoning not to go to Tulsa or St. Louis?
John and Ida Gooldy
4 Paws Embroidery

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
Iíll make a guess, John, and say that the more Central US you go, the more people you lose from Both Coasts who arenít able to make the trip. Again, they HAVE to do what they can to maximize entries because Champs is such a costly endeavor. EVERYBODY wants it to be closer/more convenient for THEM (Me included LOL) but if it doesnít  Make financial sense...it doesnít Make sense, for NADAC to do it.
Vicki
Vicki Storrs

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »
John I was told precisely what Vicki said.  I wasn't told by anyone in the NADAC HQ or anything, just word of mouth stuff going around at champs when locations came up.  Everyone said that midwest won't happen because they can't get enough entries since the coasts will pull out.  Sad as it makes it harder for us in the midwest to get there but I understand.  Champs is expensive and they have to at least break even so they need good entries!  Maybe Chris can speak to it officially and maybe the midwest can happen someday. :)

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

AndreaEntin

• Judge
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »
I would to to a southern midwest.

Andrea  :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »
Pretty much what everyone has echoed here is correct.

I was SERIOUSLY considering the idea of just having a central location, and that is just where Champs is, period.    Then both coasts have to travel and it's 'even'.      But we did a few, I guess you could say control groups of people.   And it wasn't very well received.

For better or worse folks have just gotten used to the format of it switching between east and west each year.    I would much prefer to have it central,  but I'm not sure I want to risk the event's quality for it.

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »
I would have thought it more attractive to do 1100 miles every year than 2200 every other year, but what do I know?
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »
yeah I guess you could do a survey monkey and put that out there... would people prefer to drive (what Richard said) a distance each year, but be able to attend each year, or only every other year because the opposite year is twice as far.  Doesn't hurt to do a survey and "try" it if a great central location is available.  There are a large number of nadacers in the middle of the country and just off the central location that I think you would get a healthy number of entrants to try it once and see how it is received.
Lorrie Stelz
Kaiden: NATCH 15 V-NATCH 12 AA NATCH 4 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye PT BN MX MXJ MXF TKI IT
Tripp: NATCH 7 V-NATCH 6 AA NATCH 4 BB's Embrace The Journey TKI IT
Sketch: BB's Nothin' But A Good Time TKI IT
ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 V-NATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF

John H. Gooldy

• 4 Paws Embroidery
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 05:31:53 AM »
Chris Nelson I understand your concerns. Nobody ever wants to put on a trial and lose money. Champs is a huge event with very large expenses I'm sure and taking a loss is not part of the equation.
John and Ida Gooldy
4 Paws Embroidery

Billie Rosen

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 09:28:23 AM »
The current discussion seems to happen every year after Champs.  Yes, we would all love to have Champs close by, but we also need to think about the fact that NADAC is a National venue, with exhibitors in every part of the country.  And this is a big country!!!!  NADAC's requirements for a facility and location make it a challenge to find a site.  If you really want to see Champs close to you, it would help Chris a lot if you check it out in advance to see if it would work (logistically and financially) and if it is available during Champs time.  Just my thoughts.
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training