Author Topic: NATCh Pole Question  (Read 957 times)

KellyDittmar

Re: NATCh Pole Question
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 09:09:14 PM »
I make the bars for our club, and so far have done it from my own pocket. I ask the exhibitor if they want a bar at all - and if they earn more than one with a single run, I ask them if they prefer one bar or two and make it happen.

Kelly Dittmar
Minnesota Mixed Breed Club
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 08:06:12 AM »
So interesting to see what different parts of the country do. You get used to what “ your” area does and assume it’s that way everywhere. The majority of clubs in the Texas and Oklahoma area do bars and ribbons for every NATCH no matter what the number. And if you get more than one at a trial you usually get a bar for each unless you request otherwise, which a lot of people do. I think for the most part clubs pick up the expense of the bars. Some member is in charge of making them but think they are usually reimbursed.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 04:33:19 PM »
Our club does ribbons and bars, although I haven't given out a bar in a while.  I make them mysel and get reimbursed from the club.
Linda Anderson
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

DeafSheltieMom

• Course builder
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »
My business is making title poles.  I make them for many of the Southern California clubs.   I also make the shorter (2') poles for the NADAC FunRaisers that Chris hosts.  I make both the long 4' poles and the short 2' poles for clubs.  What many of the clubs here do is give the long poles for the 1st NATCH, VersNATCH, and/or All-Around NATCH, and short ones for subsequent ones.  Some only give ribbons with the poles for the first one, and just a short pole for those after.  I think some clubs do ask what the exhibitor wants... 

I provide info with each pole so that the exhibitor can contact me for a personalized decal. 

I understand the finances behind what clubs provide... I'm the treasurer of my club.  However, as an exhibitor, I'm also proud of the accomplishment of my team, and know how much time, effort and finances went into earning our title.  I would never want to short shrift anyone's accomplishment and journey, so our club provides a pole and ribbon for each NATCH earned.  Each team has a unique journey, and we want to help celebrate that journey.  Creating a lasting memory for the teams involved is priceless. 

I do not make much from my business.  It is truly a labor of love.  But there are expenses that need to be paid, and at least a little satisfaction that I earned "something" from the business.  The clubs here appreciate that they are able to give very nice poles that reflect their club.  Each club pole has their logo and colors on it.  And they save themselves the work of making the poles themselves.  I hope it is a win-win situation for us all. 

-dayle
-Dayle Shimamura
 Mom to Alva, Hutch and Tesla

Lorrie Stelz

• My website
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 04:07:04 PM »
Our region always provides ribbons and bars.  In the past, I have been to a trial or two where a ribbon or bar wasn't offered, so I purchased one myself in case we got it.   

At the trials I host, I make sure both are offered for all NATCHs, although I usually only put all the NATCHs on one bar.  Only on rare occasion does someone not want anything. Kaiden didn't get a bar for his NATCH 13 which I was bummed to find out one wasn't offered.  With him being 11, you never know when his last one will be.

The bars and ribbons are reimbursed to me through trial expenses.
Lorrie Stelz

Kaiden: NATCH 13, V-NATCH 11, AA NATCH 3 Tartan Bay More Than Meets The Eye PT MX MXJ MXF HOF
Tripp: NATCH 6, V-NATCH 5, AA NATCH 3 BB's Embrace The Journey HIT HIC HOF
& ret. Chaney: NATCH 8 V-NATCH 5 Wildblue Enchanted MX MXJ MJB MXF S-HP-E HOF
& Sketch:  BB's Nothin' But A Good Time

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 04:43:00 PM »
If i ever make natch (ha!) i uh, want a bar. Maybe it is silly, probably the same folk who think ribbons are silly. But I like having pretty visuals of our accomplishments; they get hung on the wall. It just... "feels" nice. I also want the amazing ribbons. If I had weekends, I'd be doing the circle of friend trials because seriously, have you seen how pretty they are? :D

Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Rsquared

• Scooter's Mom
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »
If you haven’t seen Dayle Shimamura’s bars you’re missing out.  They are truly beautiful and such nice mementos of titles earned!
Ronni in San Diego with Scooter, Ollie & Xtra Crispy (R.I.P. Sage)

Amy McGovern

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
Are those the ones from champs this year?  Because if so, they were AWESOME.
Amy and the schnauzers

Deni

• Judge
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
My business is making title poles.  I make them for many of the Southern California clubs.... 

-dayle

I'm no longer involved with coordinating trials, however my club used to purchase the poles from Dayle in both sizes and offered that along with large ribbons for every NATCH. (The poles that Dayle makes are AMAZING!!) We'd let the exhibitors have the pole size they desired, but defaulted to offering the large pole for 1st NATCHs and the smaller ones for subsequent. Some exhibitors took pictures and returned the poles and/or ribbons, but we loved helping them celebrate any and all levels of accomplishments!
Denise

DeafSheltieMom

• Course builder
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »
Hi Amy,
Yes, I made the Champs poles the last 2 years.  Thanks for the compliment!!!  Glad you loved it!
-dayle
-Dayle Shimamura

Amy McGovern

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
I did!  We were thinking to make a custom order and I didn't keep the form (juggling too much stuff on the way home from champs).  Do you have a website or an email so I can do that?
Amy and the schnauzers

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 12:04:32 PM »
Hi Amy,
Yes, I made the Champs poles the last 2 years.  Thanks for the compliment!!!  Glad you loved it!
-dayle
[/quot
Love, love, love my bars from Champs!!  Web site, please.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

ResQ_Dogs

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
Amata & Edraith, thank you so much for your kind words about our ribbons! We take pride in awarding beautiful ribbons, and Sandy Langan creates personalized NATCH bars for our club as a labor of love, so our competitors have mementos of special days with their beloved teammates. We give out ribbons and bars for every NATCH, V-NATCH, and All-Around NATCH. We hope you get an opportunity to come play with us and take some home with you!

Diane Driscoll, Circle of Friends
Diane Driscoll
Greensboro GA

DeafSheltieMom

• Course builder
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »
Hi Amy and Linda,
I don't have a website  :-[  kinda pricey for my small little business.  However, if you email me at

DogAgilityDesigns@gmail.com

I can forward you a link to my dropbox where I have photos of agility poles I've made.  I do need to update them to show some of the newer custom poles I've done.  My custom orders range from simple vinyl designs to poles with photos and completely covered with colored vinyl (so it is no longer white). 

I'm going to Tucson for a fun trial this weekend, then going on Jury Duty after I get back.  I'll get back into the business stuff after jury duty is over (however long that is...), so I won't be able to get back to you until then.

Have a wonderful holiday season, everyone!!!  Be safe, have fun, enjoy life.  And hug your doggies!
-dayle
-Dayle Shimamura

Anne Etherton

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 05:19:49 PM »
As has already been said Dayle's poles are really nice.  I bet she's going to be even busier now!

Anne
Anne