Author Topic: Standard Format PremiumsI  (Read 1330 times)

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
Standard Format PremiumsI
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
I just read the new format premium that I received from Lickety Split Agility.

I really like it!!!  It's easy to read with lots of the most pertinent info up front on the first 2 pages.

No offense to others, but some information was scattered and all were a little different and it was easy to miss something sometimes.  Some may have a bit of angst about change, but I think they will get used to it in short order and will find it is a great change.

Thanks to those who worked on setting it up!!!!!!  On to a great new year of NADAC fun!!!!!!!
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

Deb Maicach

• Never Ever Give Up
Re: Standard Format PremiumsI
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »
I loved it too! So easy to understand and to complete the entry. Will this format be required for all clubs? Hoping so!
Deb Maicach
aka - Crazy IG Lady

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
Yes the new format is a requirement starting in 2019.  It will be a bit of work for us trial secretaries to convert to the new format so be patient with us. 😀

AgilityJeff

• Judge
    • SiteCrafters, Website Design, Hosting, and Applications
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »
I like it too ... really puts the stuff people want to know "right up front" and if everyone is doing this the same way, it takes the "hunt" out of reading a premium from a club that may not be familiar.  Great idea NADAC ... thank you!
Jeff Riedl
K9 Corps Agility - Greenville, WI
https://K9corps.club
K9 Kitchen - The Best stuff for your dog
https://K9.Kitchen

Laurie M

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
I don't like that the entry form is on a separate page from the agreement. Ours was neatly nested together on one page.  Now I will be receiving 2 pieces of paper from every exhibitor. Or people will neglect to include the agreement altogether. 
Can we modify the template to be more secretary friendly?
Laurie

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »
My agreement has always been on a separate page from the entry and I have never had issues.

People can send it without the printed agreement page since they sign on the entry page stating they agree to the agreement on page 5. They have the option to print a second page or do double sided printing if they want to include it.

Trying to squeeze it onto the entry form will shrink up the form and make it a little more crowded in my opinion. I have a trial this coming weekend and used the new template and it has worked well.

Lindsey

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
This is going to sound picky, however, the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.  The wording on the entry form that says "I want my dog to jump:" and then lists the jump heights seems to indicate to people that they have a choice about jump heights and can pick any height they want.  Would wording such as "Dog's Jump Height" make it more clear????  During my last trial, I had a situation (before the standardized premium lists) where an exhibitor thought she could just choose what jump height she wanted.  I think this wording will contribute to this assumption.  Again, no big deal.  Just asking if anyone else sees this as an issue.  Thanks. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 08:59:10 PM »
I found that having the "I want my dog to jump:" has taken away quite a few of the issues.

Competitors really should read the rule books, but most don't and a lot of people mix up skilled and proficient.
I'll have people with a 20" dog, enter standard, proficient, but select 16" jump height, so I usually put them in Skilled so the dog will be at 16". If they question why the dog is in skilled, I let them know that is how they get to jump 16".

I have never had someone try entering a jump height that they absolutely would not qualify for. I host 5-6 trials/year and our numbers are pretty good so I see a lot of entry forms.

Lindsey

KellyDittmar

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 08:59:31 PM »
This is going to sound picky, however, the more I think about it, the more it bothers me.  The wording on the entry form that says "I want my dog to jump:" and then lists the jump heights seems to indicate to people that they have a choice about jump heights and can pick any height they want.  Would wording such as "Dog's Jump Height" make it more clear????  During my last trial, I had a situation (before the standardized premium lists) where an exhibitor thought she could just choose what jump height she wanted.  I think this wording will contribute to this assumption.  Again, no big deal.  Just asking if anyone else sees this as an issue.  Thanks. 

Sara

In my experience, this has been extremely helpful because new people don't understand how to enter with silled, vet, VH, etc... So they do their best, but asking them what height they want helps me to educate them about how to get to that height.

Kelly in MN
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »
  The phrase "I want my dog to jump...." has been used in our area for some time.  Most exhibitors understand it, the rest learn quickly.  It saves the trial secretary tons of time.  NADAC has so many options and the trial secretary knows what combination of boxes should get the dog to that height.  As trial secretary, i put in the preliminary confirmation and/or in an email instructions on how to get their dog to the desired height.  If the rules won't allow for the preferred jump height I let them know that along with the closes allowable height.   
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
  The phrase "I want my dog to jump...." has been used in our area for some time.  Most exhibitors understand it, the rest learn quickly.  It saves the trial secretary tons of time.  NADAC has so many options and the trial secretary knows what combination of boxes should get the dog to that height.  As trial secretary, i put in the preliminary confirmation and/or in an email instructions on how to get their dog to the desired height.  If the rules won't allow for the preferred jump height I let them know that along with the closes allowable height.   

Thanks, Karen.  Sounds like you have it all handled really well. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket