Author Topic: Grandfathering from CPE  (Read 1409 times)

irandamay

Grandfathering from CPE
« on: January 02, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
Will people be able to use CPE titles to transfer over to NADAC?  If so, what will the equivalents be since there are 6 CPE levels?

KellyDittmar

Re: Grandfathering from CPE
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
Just suggestion - it might make it easier to explicitly list out titles from different organizations and how they translate. Then it would be immediately clear for people where they can transfer to.

Kelly
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

irandamay

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 10:51:41 AM »
Ooops, sorry! I also just realized that I had been reading the forum earlier not logged in and there are a number of forums that I couldn't see until logging in (including the Rules one where this should have gone).  :-[

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:06:04 AM »
Just suggestion - it might make it easier to explicitly list out titles from different organizations and how they translate. Then it would be immediately clear for people where they can transfer to.

Kelly
I agree this would be the 'best' solution.
Only issue is the sheer number of venues, and the fact that we are in multiple countries with different organizations.

We originally started doing it this way, and once we got to it being about 12 pages long we decided that was a bit much.   Plus we would have to then keep up with all the different venues if anything changes in their titling programs, which is a job I don't need :)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:10 AM »
Will people be able to use CPE titles to transfer over to NADAC?  If so, what will the equivalents be since there are 6 CPE levels?

Take the level that most closely correlates to NADAC and you'll be set. 

Looking at their rule book Level C is the closest equivalent to Elite.
And Level 4 appears to be the closest for Open

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 09:14:36 AM »
Just an FYI-  Level 4 is now optional in CPE so you should not base any grandfathering on that.

This is the chart from the UKI rule book which is the only other venue that I know of that has grandfathering. 

Transfer Table of Highest Level in Standard Agility New Registered Handlers Only
AKC/CKC     USDAA/AAC           CPE                              UKI International Program            UKI Speedstakes Program
Novice         Starters                 Level 1, 2, 3,                Beginners                                     SS Beginners
Open           Advanced               Level 4                         Novice                                         SS Novice
Excellent      Masters                 Level 5, C                     Senior                                          SS Senior
Masters        MAD                      N/A                             Champion                                     SS Champion

Mary P.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:22 AM »

This nice a nice chart.  Could you add another column for NADAC?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

irandamay

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
Just an FYI-  Level 4 is now optional in CPE so you should not base any grandfathering on that.

This is the chart from the UKI rule book which is the only other venue that I know of that has grandfathering. 

Transfer Table of Highest Level in Standard Agility New Registered Handlers Only
AKC/CKC     USDAA/AAC           CPE                              UKI International Program            UKI Speedstakes Program
Novice         Starters                 Level 1, 2, 3,                Beginners                                     SS Beginners
Open           Advanced               Level 4                         Novice                                         SS Novice
Excellent      Masters                 Level 5, C                     Senior                                          SS Senior
Masters        MAD                      N/A                             Champion                                     SS Champion
This is the chart I was thinking of when I originally read the grandfathering rule, since I had just recently gone through entering a UKI trial (the CPE question was actually for a friend who would like to try NADAC but is in CPE L5 right now), but the big difference is that UKI only requires that you be competing at the equivalent level to enter, while the NADAC post says that you cannot enter unless you have your title at the equivalent one.

I am currently competing in USDAA Masters/P3 Jumpers, but it sounds like I would transfer to Open, not Elite, because I have not finished the title.  I would take it to mean that my friend would also probably enter Open since she is currently working on her CATCH, but hasn't finished it.

Foomin Z

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »

This nice a nice chart.  Could you add another column for NADAC?
Linda
That chart is created by UKI. They don't allow grandfathering from NADAC because NADAC is nearly the complete opposite in style from UKI. It is up to NADAC to decide the correlations for grandfathering. It's not right to just take a chart from UKI.

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
but the big difference is that UKI only requires that you be competing at the equivalent level to enter, while the NADAC post says that you cannot enter unless you have your title at the equivalent one.

UKI also takes your word and doesn't require that you submit any type of proof of achievement in other organizations (ie: sending in copies of title certificates).
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 03:17:01 PM »
There is an awful lot of arguing going on here that just isn't necessary.  I think lots of people are way over-thinking this.  What's wrong with the original proposal to let people enter at their highest level and let them determine that.  If they aren't ready, they'll probably find out pretty quickly and since NADAC is not as restrictive of those other venues, they'll be able to freely move down to a level that will help them get ready for Elite.
That surely will save a lot of busy work that the NADAC office really doesn't need.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

jrtsdoitall

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
Agree with Richard.

Something to think about in regards to grandfathering of CPE in particular....
C level is optional. After earning a CATCH some teams opt to stay in level 5 vs move to Level C.
Level 3 is now optional.
Level 5 does not have class titles (other then the Championships by class/class pairing)
Laura Breckheimer (MN)
and the K9 Kids (Zak, REO, and Tommie)

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 01:31:25 PM »
Something to think about in regards to grandfathering of CPE in particular....
C level is optional. After earning a CATCH some teams opt to stay in level 5 vs move to Level C.
Level 3 is now optional.
Level 5 does not have class titles (other then the Championships by class/class pairing)

In CPE level 3 is required, level 4 is optional.

Connie