Author Topic: New Website Glitches  (Read 2033 times)

David Tharle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
New Website Glitches
« on: January 04, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
New website looks great. They rarely (never) roll out cleanly, but this one has been very good for it's size.  Over the past few days I've noticed a couple glitches where links break or pages hangup. Do you want us to report issues at this stage or wait until some point in the future? Perhaps you already have a list you're IT Department :D is working through.  And if you want to know, by what method should we give you that information?
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

AgilityJeff

• Judge
    • SiteCrafters, Website Design, Hosting, and Applications
Re: New Website Glitches
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
Hi David - Thanks for the encouraging comments!

As for things that don't seem right, "Bring 'em on!"  We're aware of a few, but want to squash all of them as quickly as possible and get this site running clean ASAP.

The most helpful way to submit those issues would be to use the form at the bottom of the news post about the new site:

https://www.nadac.com/a-new-site-layout-for-the-future/

... as that will send a message directly to those who can do something about it.  Of course you can always use the "Support" button on the bottom right of all pages as well.

Enjoy the site, we look forward to a LOT of really cool additions in the months ahead.

Jeff Riedl
K9 Corps Agility - Greenville, WI
https://K9corps.club
K9 Kitchen - The Best stuff for your dog
https://K9.Kitchen

Amy McGovern

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »
One quick one:  When you look up points for a dog, it used to autosize to the screen but it doesn't now.  It is also not mobile responsive on that page.  I'd love for that to work but at least autosizing would make it easier to be mobile responsive.

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

ljahans

• Ozzy, Luc & Milly
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:59 PM »
Hi Jeff

I think you are aware of the issues I have, but basically the site seems to work well if I am using a Windows Operating system with the IE browser, but the specific login function does not seem to work when I use my IPhone using Safari.

Thanks
LeeAnn
Lee Ann Jahansooz

Cherie Singer

• Life's short. Bark loud.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
So here is another one that I don't think has been discussed yet (if it has please accept my apologies).

I need to be able to access the website to put in a trial application for a trial in April.  I understand from others that I need a login for that - don't think I am the only one who will have this issue.  I also need to be able to access the judge's list to contact my judge for that trial as well. 

Cherie Singer
Cherie & the Singer Shelties

KellyDittmar

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 07:34:08 AM »
So here is another one that I don't think has been discussed yet (if it has please accept my apologies).

I need to be able to access the website to put in a trial application for a trial in April.  I understand from others that I need a login for that - don't think I am the only one who will have this issue.  I also need to be able to access the judge's list to contact my judge for that trial as well. 

Cherie Singer

Hi Cherie - club reps got an email in late December (around the 27th) with a sign up link. They are the only ones who can see the judges list. If you are a club rep and didn't see the email, check your spam folder. If not, i would contact your club rep and ask if they can help you.

Kelly
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Rosemary

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 08:27:00 AM »

Cherie Singer

Hi Cherie - club reps got an email in late December (around the 27th) with a sign up link. They are the only ones who can see the judges list. If you are a club rep and didn't see the email, check your spam folder. If not, i would contact your club rep and ask if they can help you.

Kelly

I got an email on 12/26 saying that another email would be coming with the login information.  I haven't received that email yet.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 09:10:45 AM »
I went ahead and unlocked the club forms for now, so you don't need a log in.
Eventually they will go back to being locked behind the log in screen, mainly when the other features are rolled out.

But for now I wanted to make it easy for everyone so you don't need a log in now to submit club forms

ricbonner

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »
Where is the Associate area on the new site?  I can't seem to find it, is that no longer a feature?  Where do we see our dog's info regarding their registered birthdate and their the DC, bonus run points?  I used that quite a bit.

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 12:44:29 PM »
Where is the Associate area on the new site?  I can't seem to find it, is that no longer a feature?  Where do we see our dog's info regarding their registered birthdate and their the DC, bonus run points?  I used that quite a bit.

Top right hand corner of my NADAC.com home page there's a purple horizontal stripe and there is a drop down menu titled "Associates"  It is above the other links like "Train & Play"  "Data Center"  etc...
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 02:33:55 AM »
New website looks Great!!

Canít access Registration page on mobile or desktop.

Thank you!
Heather M. Cline
Proud Mom of Chloe Ann, Boxer (RIP)
Serge Ibarka, All American Boxer
Buddy Boy, Boxer
Trixie, Boxer
Huckleberry Finn, Boston Terrier

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »
New website looks Great!!

Canít access Registration page on mobile or desktop.

Thank you!

All fixed :)

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
Thanks for fixing Dog registration page, Chris!

Now I can't access associate look up page right above the dog registration link.
Heather M. Cline
Proud Mom of Chloe Ann, Boxer (RIP)
Serge Ibarka, All American Boxer
Buddy Boy, Boxer
Trixie, Boxer
Huckleberry Finn, Boston Terrier

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 09:27:50 AM »
Last year at this time I was able to print my 2017 Top 10 Breed Placements as Special Award Certificates.  I could also see these awards in my Point History.  I can no longer see the Top 10 as an option to print, nor can I see them in Point History..

Thank you,
Brenda
Brenda

David Tharle

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »
Chris posted Monday (Jan 21st) under Forum Titles, Awards & Top Ten that people had until Tuesday PM to submit any issues with the temporary list.  After that he'd finalize it and put it on the NADAC Website under the "Data Center" heading, in the "Top Ten Listings" https://www.nadac.com/top-ten-listings . If his week has been anything like mine, his timetable likely went out the window about 2 minutes after he stated that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:14:08 AM by David Tharle »
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB