Author Topic: Question about the Grandfathering news topic  (Read 818 times)

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Question about the Grandfathering news topic
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:03:04 PM »
Under the Grandfathering topic

"To run in the Elite level you will need the basic title from the highest level of competition in your chosen venue. Example: AKC AX title will let you run Elite Regular
To run in the Open Level you will need the basic title from the mid level of competition in your chosen venue. Example: AKC OA title will let you run in Open Regular."

To me, this reads that you must have your Excellent/Masters regular title to run in Elite regular.  When I first heard about exhibitors not having to start back at novice, I was thinking that you have your Open/Advanced titles in another venue and then, just as you can then run in Excellent or Masters, you could come run in Elite.  The News verbiage says you must have your Excellent/Masters title before you can run in Elite.  Was this intended? Is there a reason?
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Question about the Grandfathering news topic
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:59:36 AM »
Since I don't exactly keep up to date with other venues and their titling programs we updated the verbiage to be that in order to run in Elite you have to be at the Highest level of competition in your other venue.

makes it a bit simpler than trying to keep track of multiple venues :)

Janice_Shavor

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:13:20 AM »
Thanks, Chris.  I just wondered about the logic.  Keeping up with all the venues in an international world explains it all.
Janice Shavor
Bella, Buddy, & Walker

Karen Birdsong

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:06:22 PM »
 I also agree with keeping it simple.   Allow dogs to come in NADAC at which ever level they are competing at in another venue.   No need for NADAC to spend the time and energy to track the grandfathered dogs, their performance in the ring will show if they are in the correct level.  I doubt there will be much abuse of the rule, but should a problem arise, NADAC's very capable judges already have the authority to tell an exhibitor that they cannot judge the dog due to safety issues.   Or they can not judge the dog unless..... 

I have mentions the grandfather clause to a couple of handler that follow another venue and that liked it.  Hopefully they will try it.
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.