Author Topic: Registering Dogs Before Trial  (Read 827 times)

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
Registering Dogs Before Trial
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:51:38 PM »
Did I miss something???  This was copied from a non-NADAC website so I don't know if it is accurate. 

NADAC Dog Registration Form - Note: NADAC now requires dogs to be registered PRIOR to entering in a trial. PENDING is no longer allowed.

Thanks in advance. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
Re: Registering Dogs Before Trial
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:02:41 PM »
Maybe i'm misunderstanding your question, but you haven't been able to enter a dog in a trial without a registration number for quite some time.

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:11:10 PM »
It's an accurate statement but not new.  It's from when it first became possible to register the dogs with the website issuing a number immediately, instead of having to wait for the NADAC office to issue a number, collect payment, make and send out the registration card.
It's been a while.  Like several years.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup waiting at the Bridge

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:41 PM »
I guess I was reading this to mean the transaction had to be "complete", i.e., payment processed, etc., before you could enter a dog.  It is still ok to register a dog online and get your number immediately and enter a trial with that number before all the paperwork is done, right????  My old brain doesn't work so well anymore and sometimes you have to draw me pictures.   ;D  Thanks. 

Sara

The Bridge Creek Boys

Carole & Pat Daggett

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:49:27 PM »
Yes, Sara, you can get your number and immediately enter a trial. Someone did just that at a recent trial - got out her phone, registered her dog and got a number, filled out the day-of-show entry for the Trial Secretary, and ran her dog at the trial all that same morning.

Carole Daggett

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
Yes, if they donít pay they wonít get their Qís.

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »
I guess I was reading this to mean the transaction had to be "complete", i.e., payment processed, etc., before you could enter a dog.  It is still ok to register a dog online and get your number immediately and enter a trial with that number before all the paperwork is done, right????  My old brain doesn't work so well anymore and sometimes you have to draw me pictures.   ;D  Thanks. 

Sara
Yes, Sara, that's what it said.  And that's why the number is issued on line.  So you can register a dog, enter a trial the next day and you're good.

But if you don't pay for the number, any points you earned are lost if you end up not paying for the registration.  That is the way it is now.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup waiting at the Bridge

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 06:29:10 AM »
Thanks to everyone for clearing this up.  So glad you can still get your number online and immediately run in a trial.  That's a huge benefit.  Another reason I LOVE NADAC!!!!!!

Sara
The Bridge Creek Boys