Author Topic: Gamblers Courses  (Read 1469 times)

valembrey

Gamblers Courses
« on: April 28, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
Hi Chris, Amanda & Jimmy,
 I don't usually post anything on the list, so be gentle with me, LOL. With Gamblers coming up in August, I think, I'm trying to find some courses that I can print and set up in our agility field, but I can't seem to locate 1 course. Are there any that are posted and I'm not looking in the correct place? Gamblers was before my time so I'm trying to get a feel for what they will look like. Hope you're having a great day!

Thanks,
Val Embrey
Chloe & Carly

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
Re: Gamblers Courses
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:15 PM »
If you go to the NADAC.com home page and scroll down there is Gamblers Info page on the right.  Click on the page and then scroll to the very bottom of the Gamblers info sheet, there will be a Gamblers course at the bottom you can click on to open.
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:02:01 AM »
Thanks for asking, Val.  I, too, would like to see several examples of Gamblers courses.

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane, Mac, Blaze, & Rocket

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
If you go to the NADAC.com home page and scroll down there is Gamblers Info page on the right.  Click on the page and then scroll to the very bottom of the Gamblers info sheet, there will be a Gamblers course at the bottom you can click on to open.

I am assuming that the sample is a novice level course?  It would be great to see all levels.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

JimmyS.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 04:04:59 PM »
Hi Chris, Amanda & Jimmy,
 I don't usually post anything on the list, so be gentle with me, LOL. With Gamblers coming up in August, I think, I'm trying to find some courses that I can print and set up in our agility field, but I can't seem to locate 1 course. Are there any that are posted and I'm not looking in the correct place? Gamblers was before my time so I'm trying to get a feel for what they will look like. Hope you're having a great day!

Thanks,
Val Embrey
Chloe & Carly
The one Marj mentioned is a very good example! It will always be based off the regular course with only 6 weave poles and some barrels added in to “connect” areas of the course. I am sure Chris and Amanda will be working on getting some info and examples out for those that did not get to see the class at a Regional last year.

I am assuming that the sample is a novice level course?  It would be great to see all levels.

Sharon
Why do you assume that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 04:39:34 PM »

Sharon
Why do you assume that?

I guess because I couldn't see how it would be "made easier" if it was at the Open or Elite level.  So I guessed that it was already at the lower level.  It looks really close to a Starters/Novice USDAA Gamblers course I saw recently, so that probably made me think Novice also.

If that is Elite, then I would still like to see what Open, Novice, and Intro look like.

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »
The main differences in levels will be from the required points.   The line 'may' move, but it's course dependent.

We already have a class that challenges distance, we don't need to have chances level distance in Gamblers.   Distance is a part of the test, but it's not the focus.

valembrey

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
I understand the concept and attended the Regional last year at Periland in Md. I saw the course once, all new to me, but folks that run AKC compared it to FAST, and know how to navigate it.  I only compete in NADAC, so I'm trying to get as much information as possible. Thanks for trying to get some course maps out soon.  I think it will really help some of us that are new to the courses we will see at Champs, even if only some of the side runs will be Gamblers.

Thanks,
Val Embrey
Chloe & Carly

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 12:15:08 AM »
The main differences in levels will be from the required points.   The line 'may' move, but it's course dependent.

We already have a class that challenges distance, we don't need to have chances level distance in Gamblers.   Distance is a part of the test, but it's not the focus.

That makes sense, thanks.
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 05:44:32 AM »
Will there be a separate Into level course?

Sent from my KFASWI using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 10:22:34 AM »
Will there be a separate Into level course?

This is still up for debate.

Gamblers doesn't have a set course, so having a separate intro course is somewhat unnecessary.     

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 11:11:31 AM »
So if there is intro, then perhaps more time than Novice?

Isabel and Cocoa

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 11:43:10 AM »
Not so much more time, but fewer points required