Author Topic: Jumps as Obstacles  (Read 7050 times)

Re: Jumps as Obstacles
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:49 AM »
Originally, I had a question and went right to the source.    8)  Somewhere along the way it got interpreted as a criticism, and it was not meant to be one.  I am amused, though, that even though Sharon stated it was an error, there were a lot of people that 'jumped' right in and defended the "change" of no jumps.  :o

Sharon, I am now a little confused by your last comment.  I know you are a little susceptible to begging   ;D ;D ;D ;D, so did the begging judges get their way?  It appears they did, as they reported people loved it!  So will we see more Regular courses without jumps?  (No critiques, folks, just askin', but I will put on my flame suite just in case)
Sheila & the Shelties

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »
Originally, I had a question and went right to the source.    8)  Somewhere along the way it got interpreted as a criticism, and it was not meant to be one.  I am amused, though, that even though Sharon stated it was an error, there were a lot of people that 'jumped' right in and defended the "change" of no jumps.  :o

Sharon, I am now a little confused by your last comment.  I know you are a little susceptible to begging   ;D ;D ;D ;D, so did the begging judges get their way?  It appears they did, as they reported people loved it!  So will we see more Regular courses without jumps?  (No critiques, folks, just askin', but I will put on my flame suite just in case)

Yes, begging usually works!  And they did get their opportunity to run their Regular and Chances with no jumps..... and no, they won't get that opportunity again after that set...... but they can have some fun while it lasts!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 07:51:04 AM »
I ran those courses this weekend, and truthfully, I wouldn't have really noticed that there were no jumps, even after reading about them all week, if it wasn't pointed out during the walk through.  Kind of tells you how observant I am!  It was a nice course and it was fine to run.  My Lily likes the "challenge" of the obstacles so she doesn't care for hoops.  Even though we Q'd it wasn't a favorite course of hers.  Toto doesn't care about anything as long as he is running....    :)  I must say it was a bit odd as I was thinking on the ride home, to have an entire day of runs with no jumps.  Since I only ran 1 day, we did an entire agility trial with no jumps.  No big deal, just different. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »
We saw one of the sets of courses with no jumps in Regular or Chances this past weekend in CO. A lot of people came up to me and asked if this was going to be the future of NADAC courses and they were quite concerned. I told them "No" and that this should be a one time deal and they all seemed to be ok with it as long as we get to see jumps at future trials. It did make the courses run faster since there were no jump heights, but in a state that still hasn't fully embraced hoops I know I'll be asking the judge to please select courses with jumps for our Oct. trial to keep our competitors happy.