Author Topic: 2019 Champs RV Camping Questions  (Read 1211 times)

DarthCunning

2019 Champs RV Camping Questions
« on: May 29, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »
Hello All  ;D

Karen will have all the agility related things. I'm in it just to support her, Leia, and Aurra having the time of their lives! So, right now this is hoping we can find out a little more about the RV camping.

First question up, we are thinking of renting a 5th wheel that would be dropped off, and would not be able to move it to dump. Will there be dumping spots that a hose would reach, or will there be trucks coming through every few days?

Second question, the camp spot rental page says each spot has a 30A connection. Is that standard for an RV? I'm used to tents, lol.

Thanks everyone!

Craig

Ed and Dino

Re: 2019 Champs RV Camping Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »
30 Amp connection is pretty standard for most smaller trailers.

However a 5th wheel RV may have a 50 amp connection, maybe rental comes with adaptors.

You may need an adapter to take the 50 amp connector to a 30 amp connecter.

I had to use a 30 amp adaptor to a 120 ac normal plug for Sunbury Ohio champ in 2017.

You just have to bear in might that if you are plugged in to an adaptor then you can only draw up to that amount of amperage.

That is not a problem with my pop up camper which is never likely to draw 30 amps and hence a normal 20 amp AC outlet can be used via adaptor. We don't have Air Conditioner, just our microwave, refrigerator, chargers, lights, and TV draw on electric.

With a fifth wheel if there are multiple AC units just realize you can't draw more than 30 amps or you'll blow a breaker that supplies power to your RV usually at a campground that breaker is at the power post. At a fairgrounds it may or may not be there.
Ed & Tres
Morristown, NJ

Dino (At the Bridge)

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:23:24 AM »
Hi there. I have a 50amp 5th wheel that I am bringing to champs. I have camped at 30 amp sites with no problem. You just need an adapter called dogbone. It is no problem and the only thing we cannot do is run both air conditioners at the same time.

As far as I know they will have pump out service as well. 
Mary P.

DarthCunning

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 06:28:56 AM »
This is all very helpful! Thank you so much!
Last year I think we missed one of the pump-out days, we'll try to get on the schedule for them early this year.

Did I miss the dimensions of the site?

Is there anything else some of the more experienced RV campers can think of we may want to know or ask?

Connie Day

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:39 AM »
NADAC will usually arrange someone to come in to dump the RV's.  I haven't seen a post about it yet. 

There are also bathrooms with showers at the site, so you can save on water usage by showering at the building.

Connie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
Hello All  ;D

Karen will have all the agility related things. I'm in it just to support her, Leia, and Aurra having the time of their lives! So, right now this is hoping we can find out a little more about the RV camping.

First question up, we are thinking of renting a 5th wheel that would be dropped off, and would not be able to move it to dump. Will there be dumping spots that a hose would reach, or will there be trucks coming through every few days?

Second question, the camp spot rental page says each spot has a 30A connection. Is that standard for an RV? I'm used to tents, lol.

Thanks everyone!

Craig

where are you getting the RV to rent?  I was thinking of doing the same, but I can't find a place that does it. 
Audri, Lily, Cee Cee and Toto, Calypso

DarthCunning

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 01:44:46 PM »

where are you getting the RV to rent?  I was thinking of doing the same, but I can't find a place that does it.

We're starting with Cruise America. They are our usual rental place, and they are pet friendly. It's a no-frills rental to be sure, but it gets the job done. The closest from the East is in Columbus. The Cruise America rentals are pretty easy to learn, there is an online video and website to show you how to do everything and what to expect, and they have a 24/7 support number to call if you have issues.

There are some other companies as well, more like AirBnB for RV's, but I gather one needs to be a little more RV experienced to rent from someone else through a trade site.

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-rental-locations/ohio

Good luck, and if you decide to try it, we hope you have a blast! It was great for us to stay at the site, and just enjoy the event.

Regards,

Craig

Cathie Cage

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
Hello All  ;D

Thanks everyone!

Craig

Craig go to Nadac.com under Championships tab. That is where you make RV reservations.
Cathie Cage

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 03:59:33 PM »
We're starting with Cruise America. They are our usual rental place, and they are pet friendly. It's a no-frills rental to be sure, but it gets the job done. The closest from the East is in Columbus. The Cruise America rentals are pretty easy to learn, there is an online video and website to show you how to do everything and what to expect, and they have a 24/7 support number to call if you have issues.

We rented with them once (before we got our own, to see if we liked it) and the only thing I would add to your list is to make sure you pack your own cleaning supplies.  I was less than pleased with the initial cleanliness of our rental RV.  We returned it much cleaner than it started.  However, clearly we enjoyed the experience since we went on to buy our own. 
Amy and the schnauzers

Billie Rosen

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 05:39:54 AM »
Darla, not to worry about an adaptor from 50 to 30 amps, I will be at Champs and, if you need one, I carry several spares.  And I think most RV rental companies have them as standard equipment anyway.
Billie Rosen, Phoenix, AZ    agilek9s@phopaws.org
MACH 7 Klevír (Border Terr) CDX RE MXS2 MJG2 NAP NJP MXF MFG TQX T2B5 ME CA/NADAC NATCH 30 VERS.NATCH 22/USDAA LAA-GOLD ADCH PDCH-Silver/ NW3
Trukín  (Border Ter) CA,AX,AXJ,XF,SE,NATCH, V-NATCH 2/ AD/ NW3/SCA,SIA,SEA,SBA,SHDN
Kix puppy in training

Beth OK

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
Does anyone know what time we have to check out/ leave the campground by on the Monday after Champs? We are looking to rent via RVShare and the pick up times vary.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 06:33:44 AM »
Does anyone know what time we have to check out/ leave the campground by on the Monday after Champs? We are looking to rent via RVShare and the pick up times vary.

You should be good all of Monday, I will confirm with the venue to be 100% sure.   But we told them we wouldn't be out until Monday afternoon and that didn't seem to be a problem.

dholwell

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 02:34:58 PM »
how can we add an extra day to our RV reservation
Don Holwell

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
how can we add an extra day to our RV reservation
Just shoot me an email and I'll handle it :)