Author Topic: Trial Entries  (Read 290 times)

Kelly Wilson

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Trial Entries
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »
What is the policy or is there a policy for emailing entries prior to the closing date vs mailing an entry with payment prior to the closing date?  I am being denied entry on Saturday for my runs as they state the trial is full, but they accepted emailed entries after the postmark date of my entry.  No where on the entry did they state they have "mail issues" that I should email my entry.
Originally when I spoke to the trial secretary I was told my entry was accepted and they could give me 5 runs on Saturday which was acceptable but now they are saying only 2.  Somehow the number mysteriously changed within an hour of my phone call. 

Kelly &  Kya
Kelly Wilson
Journey, Kya, & Indie

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
Re: Trial Entries
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
Have you contacted the trial chairperson.  Pretty sure that's the first place you need to check.  And if I'm incorrect, I'll stand corrected, but I'm not sure NADAC controls that.
Richard Wolfe
Sparkle, Rowdy, Rumor and Raven

KellyDittmar

Re: Trial Entries
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
I also think this is a question for that club not one for NADAC. I trial at a wide variety of clubs - and some have a hard cutoff weeks before the trial. Some are closer to the trial date. Some have no date at all.

Some accept emailed entries and electronic payments. Some don't. Some go by post mark date. Most seem to go by received date. If the club reached out to you and said there were 5 runs - and now there are only 2, it's possible that someone else entered in between the time when they were waiting to hear about what you wanted to do. But that too is a club policy I believe.

Therefore, I would work with the club individually.

(Another) Kelly
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota