Author Topic: Newbie Question - how many runs before Finals?  (Read 369 times)

TeamHeavyMetal

Newbie Question - how many runs before Finals?
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:41:48 PM »
Hello all:

First, I want to say how absolutely stoked I am to attend this year. I have not done a lot of agility in the past and this is my first time running a dog consistently...let alone having one good enough to qualify for Champs.

My dog won the Bye for the Southeast Regional in Pre-Elite Large dog. He jumps 16. Can anyone answer for me what he will run at Champs? Is this Regular classes only? How many runs per day? And even if he doesn't run well during the week, his Bye means he can compete in Finals regardless. Correct? If so...how many runs is that?

Can someone help me understand what to expect so I make sure I am where I am supposed to be at the right time?

Thanks a ton!

Carolynn and Six

Tabathalynn

Re: Newbie Question - how many runs before Finals?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »
He should run whatever division you entered him into Champs as. The groups were just posted on the nadac champs page, so check them out! There are 2 runs each day. Finals is run on the last day, this year with an optional team event taking place first. :) They are basically longer regular runs but sometimes have a theme or focus, ie more a jumpers or barrelers course for one run, but it still has most equipment- Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicki Storrs

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 08:15:25 AM »
Just to be clear for you, Finals is one run on Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy yourself. Enjoy your dog. Enjoy the early mornings and late nights. Enjoy watching all the other cool runs. Enjoy Cheering for All the runs (they DO hear you, and take it from me, both in the moment and later when they watch their videos, appreciate it, too!!) Enjoy meeting new people and dogs. Enjoy shopping and deciding which raffle option you’ll have room for in your vehicle if you win 😜   Have Fun, And Good Luck 👍

Vicki
Vicki Storrs

TeamHeavyMetal

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »
Thanks for your answers! This is very helpful!! And Vicki...awesome advice. I fully plan to learn and lose my voice along the way! 😅