Author Topic: Class Designations at CHAMPS  (Read 447 times)

garypaula

Class Designations at CHAMPS
« on: August 21, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
When looking at the list of dogs entered, I notice that there is a group for Elite-Std-Mini and Elite-Std-Small.  Both groups jump 8", so I am not understanding the difference.  We have never been to CHAMPS before, so this is probably something that will be very evident to many other people reading this.

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
Re: Class Designations at CHAMPS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:39:36 PM »
When looking at the list of dogs entered, I notice that there is a group for Elite-Std-Mini and Elite-Std-Small.  Both groups jump 8", so I am not understanding the difference.  We have never been to CHAMPS before, so this is probably something that will be very evident to many other people reading this.

The group you are in is based on your standard measured height.  But that doesn't mean it's your jump height.  For instance ...  lots of dogs measure 20" so they will be in the Large group.  But if they enter as skilled then they jump 16".  If they enter as skilled and vet (dog or handler) then they jump 12".  So there will be many dogs that are in the LARGE group but they may be jumping up to 3 different heights - 20", 16", or 12"  It is very confusing at first so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.  Takes awhile to digest everything.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Re: Class Designations at CHAMPS
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »
The Miniature division is any dog who is under 11"

The Small division is any dog who is between 11" and 14".

Since they can only jump so small it does mean a lot of times they're jumping the same height.   But you wouldn't want a 14" tall schnauzer competing against an 8" tall Chihuahua