Author Topic: Weave Poles  (Read 479 times)

Rosemary

Weave Poles
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:08:01 AM »
I'm looking to get a new set of 12 weave poles.  Does anyone have any suggestions where to get them from?  Most of the ones I have found do not connect the two six pole sections together.  I even found one vendor who advertises as a NADAC vendor who told me that the bases are not supposed to connect.  I found that odd. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Rosemary

Jeff Lyons

• Judge
Re: Weave Poles
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
I know of a few good vendors, but it would depend on where would they be delivered.
Jeff L.

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:41:48 AM »
As a judge, it is very time consuming to go check the weave pole bases all the time if they don't connect in the middle. Most all the weave poles I have encountered have connected in the middle. There is nothing in the rule book about them not connecting and I feel they are more stable if they have some way to connect them.

Sorry I don't really have any vendor suggestions, maybe if we knew where you are, someone could send you in the right directions based on geography.
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

KellyDittmar

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »
I love my set from Way 2 Weave. I have 2x2s from them and all of the weaves have connection plates so I can make a solid set of 6 or 12, and still have a small set when I want it.
Kelly Dittmar
Sam & Jake
Minnesota

Rosemary

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 03:59:32 PM »
Iím in Connecticut. Thanks for the help. And I do want mine to connect. It just makes sense to me.

LeeAnne McAdam

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
I second Way 2 Weave.  I got mine several years ago and they're still in great shape.
Lee Anne

Rosemary

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 04:48:49 AM »
Way to weave looks like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help!

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 05:42:54 AM »
We have sets from Afforable Agility.  They are PVC and can be connected.  The bottom is a PVC pipe, not flat metal, but it doesnít seem to make any difference to the dogs. They are super easy to move around.
Martha G.