Author Topic: Thanks for coming to Montana, Sharon!  (Read 2085 times)

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Thanks for coming to Montana, Sharon!
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »
What an awesome three-day seminar with Sharon Nelson (assisted by Amanda Nelson and Susan Anderson) at Yellowstone Dog Sports near Red Lodge ....  came home, as usual, with pages of notes and so much stuff spinning in my brain that it's hard to figure out which topic to try to tackle in training first (but I already got started anyway!  :)  Lots of stuff I'd heard before -- yeah, but the reminders never hurt! -- and some new stuff too, or maybe having a "new" dog (as Sharon pointed out) I'm hearing things that I just didn't HEAR before because they weren't immediately applicable the last time around...  anyway, thanks to Sharon for making the big trek to Montana -- it was GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks also to Elaine, Millie, Tammy, and Gro for the exceptional hospitality, great food and all the on-site amenities at YDS so that once you get there you never have to leave for anything!  (Unless of course, you WANT to!)  Great to see a bunch of long-time friends, and get to know some new ones, too -- I just love that "seminar camaraderie" ....

Thanks to all for a great week!
Jean & Tux
Montana

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Thanks for coming to Montana, Sharon!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
Montana was great!!  As Jean said, it was awesome to see friends and meet and make some new ones!  It is always good to put faces to names!

What an amazing group of dogs and handlers, every day was fun and the people were all eager and ready to learn and work!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Shirley Wallace

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »
Thank you Sharon and Amanda for all of your great insights during the Red Lodge seminar.  It was very helpful and spot on to some of our issues.  Sharon, once the trials started, Ryder and I missed you sitting right on the edge of our path.  Well at least Ryder missed you!!!  ;D  Me, maybe not so much...    And Susan, thank you for all of your help during the seminar and trial.  It helped me focus on what I needed to do to give Ryder clearer directions.  Also, thanks to Elaine for hosting the seminar at Yellowstone Dog Sports and to all the judges and food people who made it so much fun!  And to all the seminarians and people who offered support over the 6 days.  Met up with some old friends and met many new friends.  All in all, it was a great 6 days!  Thank you all!!!
Shirley & Ryder
Shirley Wallace

elaine

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
Ditto the thanks to Sharon for coming to Montana!  It was an amazing "Sharon" seminar as usual - I just wish I could have sat in for MORE of it!!  Thanks also to Amanda and Susan - what a GREAT TEAM of instructors!!

Thanks also to everyone who spent the week and attended Fun-Raisers at YDS.  We had lots of NEW people as well as a wonderful group of the "old" NADAC gang.  So many people pitching in to help out with things at Yellowstone Dog Sports - ESPECIALLY Millie and Tammi who kept everyone FED while they were here!  Jean McCreight even bagged up some knapweed before it could spread!  It was very sad to see everyone go this morning!!

We are looking forward to Fun-Raiser this weekend and seminar NEXT WEEK with Paula Goss!!

Elaine