Author Topic: COVID-19 Info Sheet for trials  (Read 2002 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
COVID-19 Info Sheet for trials
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:42:16 PM »
Picture below :)

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: COVID-19 Info Sheet for trials
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
Thank you, Chris!!

Diane

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks for this!
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Speed:
Maverick, Quick
Amber and Riley (at the Bridge)

Rosemary

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 05:23:34 AM »
Good info.  Thanks Chris!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 10:21:11 AM »
Another thing that has been mentioned is just allowing handlers to carry their own leash.    If handlers can do this, keeping the leash fully in their pocket, that is perfectly fine with me given the circumstances.

Just keep in mind this is 100% only because of the current climate, and once things settle down that option will be removed.

Laura Anne Welch

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 01:06:43 PM »
Keeping the leash in the pocket would save time.  It wouldn't work for those who use harnesses, but it  could work very well for those who have flexible leashes that will fit in the pockets.

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 02:06:25 PM »
Great suggestions all around!  Well done!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Murrelet Halterman

• Judge
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 08:30:22 PM »
Thanks for the great info and flexibility!

Murrelet
Murrelet Halterman
Avian Researcher At Large

borgi

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 05:46:40 AM »
Hi Chris,

As this situation is evolving rapidly, are there any changes to NADAC guidance? As of yesterday AKC, UKI and CPE clubs are routinely canceling trials for the next several weeks in an effort to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 spread. If exhibitors are entered in trials this month but are not comfortable attending based on public health recommendations, can we be issued partial refunds or credits or is that the decision of the club?

Thanks!
Raimi

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:39 AM »
I’m not Chris but NADAC has not told clubs that they have to cancel trials so at this time I believe all is a club decision. 

I know we discussed this possibility for our May trial but at this time are hopeful that this will have completed its path by then.  We had discussed issuing at least partial refunds based on how many of our club expenses would be forgiven.  There may be expenses that our club would still be responsible for such as site rental, air fare and hotel.  Our site rental alone is $1400 for the weekend.  We could probably absorb airfare and hotel costs.

Gina Pizzo

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 09:55:00 AM »
We are still leaving it up to the clubs at this point.

A lot of clubs aren't being given a choice, as the venues are shutting down until April.

This virus might bring along a few changes in NADAC policy depending on how clubs handle the situation.

There are always certain expenses that can't be recouped by a club, most facilities have a cancellation fee, although I would hope they wouldn't be charging that given the circumstances.
Even if airfare for the judge can be reused later in the year, there is usually a change fee that the clubs have to pay.

What I would like to see clubs do, is be 100% transparent with their costs and let that be the driving factor for what happens with refunds.

If a club has to cancel a trial, and they're stuck with a $1000 in fees that can't get back, then I would like to see them give partial refunds, making sure that $1000 is covered.   And base the refund amount on what is needed to reach that number.

I think most exhibitors would be understanding of that.     

Maybe the amount that isn't refunded could go towards a future trial, or something along those lines.

What I really don't want to see happen, is clubs giving no refunds whatsoever when their show is cancelled.
Which is where the possible changes in NADAC policy could come in, if clubs handle the situation poorly in regards to refunds.

This is going to be a pretty tough time for everyone, so I'm hoping that we can all band together and do our best to make it through, keeping everyone safe and hopefully losing as little money as possible.