Author Topic: VT Temporary Changes  (Read 5318 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
VT Temporary Changes
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:06:13 PM »
Given the current issues affecting our community we have decided to lift certain restrictions in regards to VT Runs, all of these changes are effective immediately:

1) The limits on number of VT runs that can be submitted is lifted

2) The limit on courses posted each month will be increased (Please give us a couple of days to get more courses posted)

3) Double run submissions will be allowed (This means you can run a class like jumpers twice, like you would in a trial, and earn a Q for each time)

VT Points do count towards Championships requirements.

At this time we are not allowing Bonus Submissions via VT runs.   But we will be discussing the qualification requirements for Championships this year given the circumstances of this years qualifying period.

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
Re: VT Temporary Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:42:55 AM »
This is so nice for you think of- thank you!

Lynn, Maverick & Quick
and all our Western New York agility friends
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Speed:
Maverick, Quick
Amber and Riley (at the Bridge)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 06:51:59 AM »
Given the current issues affecting our community we have decided to lift certain restrictions in regards to VT Runs, all of these changes are effective immediately:

1) The limits on number of VT runs that can be submitted is lifted

2) The limit on courses posted each month will be increased (Please give us a couple of days to get more courses posted)

3) Double run submissions will be allowed (This means you can run a class like jumpers twice, like you would in a trial, and earn a Q for each time)

VT Points do count towards Championships requirements.

At this time we are not allowing Bonus Submissions via VT runs.   But we will be discussing the qualification requirements for Championships this year given the circumstances of this years qualifying period.

You are the best!!  Thanks for these changes!
Linda Anderson
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Sandy Langan

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:52 AM »
Thanks so much Chris for considering my request. I think it will be great to gather  with our friends and have some fun with our dogs to get through these trying times. Sincerely Sandy Langan

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »
Could there be any thought given to allowing clubs/facilities who have equipment approved for other organizations to host VT? I have students who will be missing NADAC trials and would be willing to set some courses for them, but my contacts have slats and the majority of my jumps are wings. The slats are the bigger issue, I'm guessing.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, NATCH/ADCH Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 01:44:17 PM »
Just part of the peanut gallery, but wing jumps are legal in NADAC, it's just that some clubs don't have them.  As far as the slats, that is deemed a safety issue and I don't see that changing bedause of this.  Safety should always be the concern for the dogs and their handlers.  Just IMO.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
Hey Folks,

We are going to allow slatted contacts and winged jumps to replace wingless if the facilities don't have them as a temporary change.

When NADAC got rid of slats they were a very different animal to the ones that are being used these days.

Back in the day slats were just a chunk of 1.5" wood screwed to the plywood, covered in SkidTex.   

Now the ones most venues use are 3/4" or less and rubber covered.

Now that's not to say we condone slats fully, we still believe they are pretty much useless with the advancements in rubber coatings for contacts, but they aren't the safety nightmare that they used to be

KarissaKS

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 04:58:40 PM »
Thanks Chris! I know this will make some of my students very happy.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, NATCH/ADCH Jedi & Ren

KarissaKS

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »
Sorry, one more thing (for now) as I try to hone up on all things VT to answer the questions my students are asking. On the VT page of the NADAC website it states:

The dog must come to the start line with a leash on; they must run with no collar and, they must leave the course area on leash, without tugging or getting any treats.

Since NADAC started to allow tugging at trials is it okay if they tug on the way out with VT?

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 08:07:27 PM »
Yes tugging is ok.  We obviously need to update that.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention!!
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Melissa Wallace

• Judge
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 07:14:44 AM »
Wow! Thanks for allowing slats! I will post this on the club sites where I am a member. This really opens options for our competitors!
Melissa Wallace
Petite Agility on the Gulf Coast

Tamier

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
I have a question about VT runs. I have read the guidelines. But exactly how do you upload the videos
I will be filming on my iPad.  Is it as easy as filming, then tap in video block to choose videos ?
Also how is it timed ?

Tamier

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 10:32:59 AM »
Also, what about dogs who would be submitting for intro or novice.
Who havenít been measured ?
Can you measure at withers, and give it your estimate ?

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »
I have a question about VT runs. I have read the guidelines. But exactly how do you upload the videos
I will be filming on my iPad.  Is it as easy as filming, then tap in video block to choose videos ?
Also how is it timed ?
You need to upload your video to YouTube and copy the link.  Then when you o to "submit your video run" there is a place to paste the link.  Be sure to make your uploaded run as public so the judges at NADAC can view it.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Amy McGovern

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »
Chris,

Given the plethora of courses (thank you, I will do my best to help make up lost trial money!), I wanted to check on the maximum number of runs in a day.  I assume it is 8 a day for flat stuff and max 4 of jumping, as in a regular show?  We did all 4 barrels today and, with double runs, that is 8 runs.  The dogs and I are tired and I think that may be too much for other days so likely we likely will max out at 4 runs in future days.  But I wanted to check so we know the right rules.  I find it easier to just build all of a certain kind of course since we already have the equipment out for that class.

p.s. thank you!  I really hope lots of people are doing this so NADAC can stay financially solvent!

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers