Author Topic: Getting Through This Thing  (Read 1039 times)

Kyle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Getting Through This Thing
« on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:15 AM »
Since it kind of looks like we're all in this thing for a longer haul than originally anticipated, it might be helpful to post any great tips you all might have on just getting through it. Big or little, if it might help, let us all know! :) Here's mine:

With all the hand washing we are now doing, our skin can get chapped and those nasty little cracks that hurt soooo much on our fingers can start up. I use goat's milk soap for hand washing all the time. I don't get those painful cracks nearly as often anymore (like rarely!), even in our desert weather. I don't use it for anything but my hands (because I'm kind of cheap  ::) ). You can get it on Ebay or Etsy cheaper than on Amazon and you can get it from small businesses that actually know their goats by name! Oh, and they can come in some wonderful scents!

Looking forward to some great ideas!

-Kyle
Kyle
Leona Valley, CA

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Getting Through This Thing
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
What a great idea!  I'm using this time to clean my flower beds of last fall's leaves.  when it is raining, I'm cleaning my house which REALLY needs it with 4 dogs.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Amy McGovern

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 09:19:00 AM »
We did VT yesterday and it dramatically improved all of our moods!  So that's going to be on my list unless we get sheltered in place...
Amy and the schnauzers

MoabDiane

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
Thankfully, I live where I can walk dogs all day without seeing anyone. (We usually don't walk all day though!)

I'll be doing a few VT runs in the space I have available.  Bummer that I'm the only one here doing it!
It often takes me an hour to set even an Intro course (generally all I have room for); 40 seconds to film (maybe x 4 runs now, for 2 dogs!); and an hour to upload and submit!  I used to get irritated at the latter....but now it really doesn't matter, does it?!

Clean house?  garden?  well, maybe later.  :-)

diane

MoabDiane

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »
Oh, and lots of fitness/conditioning exercises - indoors or outside when we can!
diane

Dieselblonde

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 01:40:17 PM »
Now that I have bought the necessary contacts I will be making my field larger. Then hopefully doing VT runs.

Salli Dulco

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
I am going to get my soap shoppe webpage up and running!!!
Salli Dulco

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 01:15:45 PM »
have a fun laugh at my expense!

/gets excited about being able to double run VT since i usually set stuff all by myself
/sets up a chances course because need some of those!
/gets home and starts to submit, checks video one last time to ensure I didn't miss something in filming
/realises i ran last months' which are dead

my dog: yayyy more running!

me: well only if the field dries back out since its more rain all week

::) of course that's what I do on the one day the field was safe enough to use!

Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »
When this is all over, please please leave the double run option!  For those of us who set this by ourselves, it is SO much nicer to run it twice like at a show!

(Just finished day 3 of VT in 4 days!  I'm trying to support NADAC! Videos going online as soon as they upload.)

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »
When this is all over, please please leave the double run option!  For those of us who set this by ourselves, it is SO much nicer to run it twice like at a show!

(Just finished day 3 of VT in 4 days!  I'm trying to support NADAC! Videos going online as soon as they upload.)

-Amy

That is REALLY unlikely.

VT's aren't meant to be used like this.    Double run VT's is actually a major change from what the program is meant to be

Sarah Fix

• Judge
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »
If we didn't have the double runs, I probably wouldn't be doing VT's.  To set a regular course from scratch, moving all the things, with 2 people, takes about 30 minutes.  Arena rental is $25 an hour.  So setting the course and walking/running 2 runs with our two dogs takes right at an hour.  Being able to have two chances at it makes it worth renting the arena.  Hope you'll keep the double run.
Sarah Fix
Breeze,Razz,Boogie & Jinks

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »
Honest question:
4 jumping classes max

Whats difference between how clubs do Vt and run the two regulars, a chances and jumpers in a day, or do four regulars, or any other combo allowed with double runs?

I understand it may go back.

But personally, if limits on how many VTs can be run, it would be nicer to have it based on classes rather than courses. I know i messed up and set wrong course for my first vt double run but it was still sooooo nice to run it twice without remaking the course as I often build alone.

Id rather say “max two hoopers” rather than one of one set and one of another. Same number, but easier on those who do use VT. Basically, every normal month we get two course sets for every class. So 4 regulars, 2 everything else. Could it be limited to that same *number* of total runs, but allow double runs?

Just throwing that out there as maybe an idea if you want to limit VT to support trials once they restart (i get that!) but maybe keep a double run option open. Which would probably encourage more VT and hence more income...without changing the amounts which may pull from trials
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

BeckyAH

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
With all the love and respect for all of you (Chris and other commentators), maybe we can shelf this until we see how long this is going to go and what 'normal' looks like after?