Author Topic: Economic Impact Survey  (Read 691 times)

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
Economic Impact Survey
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »
Hello all!

We're running a survey right now to get a more concrete idea of what agility competitors are spending on this sport.

This is something we're doing because the economic impact of a sport can play a large role in how that sport is perceived.

Saying we do dog agility, most people probably think nothing of it. Saying we do dog agility which is a sport that brings 50+ Million dollars into the US economy is an entire different matter.

This is being run by NADAC, but the results we will gladly share with any venue who requests it.

We're hoping to get at least 1000 responses so we have a large pool to work with.

The survey should take less time to fill out than what you just spent on reading this!

Thank you all! Feel free to cross post with any other pages, venues or groups you would like :)

https://form.jotform.com/nadacchris/EconomySurvey

MoabDiane

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Economic Impact Survey
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 07:58:36 PM »
Yah, the lack of RV questions (I know, maybe later) really skews this for me!  Zero hotels.  But done.
diane

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:35:59 AM »
Do you want the email that you sent out about the survey shared with people who trial in other venues?
Isabel and Cocoa

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:00:48 AM »
Yah, the lack of RV questions (I know, maybe later) really skews this for me!  Zero hotels.  But done.
diane
Me, too!  I would be interested in how many people use RVs vs hotels.  Made a guess on the food question.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:24:05 AM »
diane
Me, too!  I would be interested in how many people use RVs vs hotels.  Made a guess on the food question.
Linda

I totally get the RV issues!

I suppose it's just my brain here, but if I was trying to 'tear apart' the data, and it showed RV costs, that is exactly where I would start.

Did you actually buy your RV for 100% dog show usage?
You never use it for anything else?
You use it every time you go to a show?   
You just use it to go to the show and then straight home, you don't stay at places in between?

It's very easy to tear apart that argument saying that your RV is 100% directly related to dog shows and that without dog shows you would instantly sell your RV.

I know for some people that is true, but not the majority, which is where things really start to count when you're trying to prove that your sport has a profound impact on spending.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
diane
Linda

I suppose it's just my brain here, but if I was trying to 'tear apart' the data, and it showed RV costs, that is exactly where I would start.

You just use it to go to the show and then straight home, you don't stay at places in between?

It's very easy to tear apart that argument saying that your RV is 100% directly related to dog shows and that without dog shows you would instantly sell your RV.

I know for some people that is true, but not the majority, which is where things really start to count when you're trying to prove that your sport has a profound impact on spending.
I think you might be surprised to find out how many of us DID buy our RVs just for agility.  The only other times I've used mine was when I drove to WY for Champs and then did some sightseeing on my way home.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Ed and Dino

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
diane
Linda

Yes the hotel question perhaps should have also been phrased to say in a hotel or campground.

When I travel to a trial I am camping in RV, when I saw their was no place for camping I just went back and then put the number of nights I stay camping in the hotel question.

Even when camping at a fairground it costs money and since their was not a cost in the question about the hotel, I just used that answer for this too.

I totally get what Chris is trying to do, I had recently tried to Google for the amount of money spent on dog agility and I could not find anything on that. Some info about overall dog spending but not this specific area.
Ed & Tres
Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Off Course Agility Podcast
available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher and Anchor