Author Topic: Funny things we seen while judging VTs  (Read 1601 times)

Marj Vincent

• Judge
  • GotDog? Trainer
    • GotDog? LLC
Funny things we seen while judging VTs
« on: April 19, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »
Some funny things we have seen while judging VT runs.

1  Chickens and ducks walking around the field during the run. Amazingly enough, no chickens or
    ducks were harmed in these videos.
2  Exhibitor tries to knock herself out on a tree branch in the middle of the course. We seriously
    thought we should have her friend’s phone number just in case she knocks herself out and we
    might need to call a friend to go check on her.
3  Shadow of the video taker waving at us. Thank you, that made our morning!
4  The variety and color of barrels are quite stunning.
5  We’ve seen some pretty amazing agility fields all over the US. Some level, some well….not so
     level.
6  Here’s why strapping a Go Pro to their head to film your run is not a good idea.  Ummmm, beyond
    the nauseating feeling of needing to use the trash can next to me while watching it, that blind cross
    truly had me wondering “did the dog actually take the jump?” 
7  Agility courses with piles of snow between obstacles….brrrrrrrrr.
8  Agility courses run with snow on the field and it was still snowing during the run. Thanks for the
    Christmas spirit! HoHoHoHo… Only Hoopers thank goodness!
9  Videos of runs after a rainstorm and dog stops for a drink in a puddle.
10 Watching a handler almost getting clotheslined by a clothesline! Oh crap! Nice head duck!
11 A video that was such poor quality the dog was literally levitating across a non-visible dogwalk. The
    handler must be a descendant of David Copperfield because that was amazing! It was done with
    mirrors…..right?
12  VT runs at a park with kids flying kites in the background. Quite entertaining! Thank you!
13 One video came in upside down. That was like….hmmmm…..if I tilt my screen back and get on a
     chair behind the computer, maybe…just maybe I can see it. YES!! It’s a Q.

So inquiring minds want to know….do you all not watch your videos before uploading to NADAC?
  Asking for a friend….

Have a great day playing with your dogs,
The VT Review Team
Marj Vincent
Scotty & Java
Ontario, OR

"The most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories and pictures.They're feelings, moments, smiles and laughter."

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
Re: Funny things we seen while judging VTs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »
I have to say we are lucky.... we have gotten to see all you guys even tho we are stuck at home :)  We have had a blast watching all your videos and yes there has been some really funny videos!  We should make a Funniest NADAC VT Video! 

Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

Amy McGovern

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
Oh my, we have some bloopers we haven't turned in that could work for a funny roll, LOL.  For example: two weeks ago, one of our dogs took off across the field midway through jumpers to go catch a gopher with its head out of the hole (I guess he was watching her run jumpers??).  For the record, the gopher survived.  He took one look at an incoming schnauzer and ducked back into his hole and went somewhere else! 

-Amy
Amy and the schnauzers

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 05:10:45 PM »
I have to say we are lucky.... we have gotten to see all you guys even tho we are stuck at home :)  We have had a blast watching all your videos and yes there has been some really funny videos!  We should make a Funniest NADAC VT Video!

Yes PLEASE do a Funniest VTs video movie.  You and Marj shouldn't have ALL of the fun watching.  Share with the rest of us please  ;D ;D. (If you need to blur out some of the faces to protect the guilty, I think my phone editing software does that.)  ;)
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Sandy Langan

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:29:42 AM »
Oh Jeannie, you can’t forget the team relay at Springfield champs one year when my dog and my friends dog were loose on course at the same time and were doing a tandem run together. They were just having a ball chasing each other through the tunnels.  My other friend was waiting on the line for her turn when Don Cuda came up and calmly said , You know this means you’re disqualified right? You finally got ahold of one of the dogs and the other one just stopped. People were laughing and shouting out all we need is a border collie to round them up. Three pines was doing the video of it and people kept going to the office wanting to watch it. They did put it on their bloopers of agility they made . The dogs were very young and our recalls weren’t what they are today thankfully. I guess we lived up to our team name that year. Not a chance!

RobertStewart

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 09:28:38 AM »
I remembered a Trial many years ago in the Houston, Tx area, where right next to the place we were having the trial, there was a lake and there were tons of ducks and one mama duck and her entourage kept wandering on to the our agility area. It really cracked me up!
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"

Daniel Edwards

• Judge
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »
That was hilarious and really made my day!  Thanks for sharing.   :)  You can add geese to point #1 - Canadian Geese, I believe.  The local park where I set up and film some of our VT runs is quite popular in the late afternoon for some local Canadian Geese.  They are so desensitized to having people around, they just do their thing as we do our thing.  Thankfully Milo has no interest in geese, especially when there is agility equipment in front of him!  That's a really good thing, because they are certainly bigger than him, and I bet they would stand their ground!  LOL 

We just submitted a batch of runs, and if you look really closely, you can just make them out near the back/right side of the grass on our Quarantine Chances Round 1.

Have a great day everyone!

Daniel and Milo

Mary Kapner

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 07:35:56 PM »
Happy you didn't notice the one where I had all the disinfecting wipes sticking hanging out of my back pockets!!
Mary Kapner
"Poodle This!"

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 06:27:08 AM »
Or the one that my leggings were falling down. I finished the course and realised apparently i literally ran my butt off! My tshirt was long though so i hopped it covered everything haha
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Cheryl Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
I really wish the forum had like, love and laugh buttons!
Cheryl Gilbert with
Emmy and Allie
Rachel, Becky, Twinkles, Honey, Lucky, Wally, Benny and Daisy waiting on the other side....

Grainne

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
Hahaha!
You guys must have loved watching my very first VT run then! I also about knocked myself out, but unlike the one who had the excuse of a tree in her way, I some how managed to slip on nothing and my face met the ground! Lol
I had to ask people if I should still submit it or not. It was a Q!

RobertStewart

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
Hahaha!
You guys must have loved watching my very first VT run then! I also about knocked myself out, but unlike the one who had the excuse of a tree in her way, I some how managed to slip on nothing and my face met the ground! Lol
I had to ask people if I should still submit it or not. It was a Q!

You kissed Mother Earth, and Q'd with Flair!

That's my view of it! lol!
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"