Author Topic: Cancellation of 2020 Champs  (Read 1608 times)

Karen Birdsong

Cancellation of 2020 Champs
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:37:03 PM »
    Thank you for making the safety of our NADAC community the main priority.  We know the decision to cancel this year's Champs was a hard one. 

We are here if NADAC needs us, just let us know what we can do.

Everyone stay safe and hold those fur kids close.

Karen Birdsong and Palomar Agility Club
Karen Birdsong,
and the Aussie boys.. Monte and Lake.

Cheryl Gilbert

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Cancellation of 2020 Champs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »
I'm confused.  I haven't read a decision to cancel champs...trying to follow this but not sure what the real scoop is...
Cheryl Gilbert with
Emmy, Allie and Bella
Rachel, Becky, Twinkles, Honey, Lucky, Wally, Benny and Daisy waiting on the other side....
Carpe Diem

Ed and Tres

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:21:48 PM »
I'm confused.  I haven't read a decision to cancel champs...trying to follow this but not sure what the real scoop is...

It is posted on the NADAC website.
Ed & Tres
Dino (At the Bridge)
Morristown, NJ

Off Course Agility Podcast
available on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher and Anchor

David Tharle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 03:24:37 PM »
Dear NADAC Competitors,

After many discussions and weighing the pros and cons of holding the 2020 NADAC Championships the NADAC office has decided to cancel the event for 2020.

While we do feel that once everyone is at the event, we could find ways to manage the risks, we would still be encouraging travel over multiple states during a time when case numbers and hospitalizations are on a very steady rise.     

With that in mind, and also the overwhelming fact that the event would be so vastly different from what everyone has come to expect, cancelling seems like the safest and best decision for the well being of everyone involved.

Refunds will start to be processed on July 15th.    We will be sending them out every 2 weeks, in order that they were received.  So if you signed up first, you will be getting your refund first as well.

We’re going to miss seeing everyone this year, this will be the first time in 25 years that Championships hasn’t happened.  But we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone in 2021.

Sincerely,  Chris Nelson

Received this earlier today as a Club Rep or Participant. Had to be a tough decision for the office, but I understand the why.  I was looking forward to going before the world stopped this spring.  Not sure I'd be able too even if I wanted too, the border closer continues to be extended with not much sign of things easing.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, Alberta
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

RobertStewart

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
I am afraid it was inevitable Hopefully there will be another VT Challenge that was a great deal of fun!
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:43:50 AM »
I am afraid it was inevitable Hopefully there will be another VT Challenge that was a great deal of fun!
While the VT Challenge was a good idea, conditions from place to place really don't allow for a fair competition, IMHO.  Not to mention, there are many who don't have access to space or equipment to run the challenge courses.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Amy McGovern

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 06:28:26 AM »
It was a ton of fun at least Linda!  I agree it isn't apples to apples but we had fun trying it. 
Amy and the schnauzers

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 08:00:57 AM »
I enjoyed the VT challenge.
Id love to see another in the autumn when its a bit cooler here!
(And less rainy!)
It would be nice to do jumpers one weekend and regular the next (or vice versa). Time wise it just wasn't going to happen to do 8 runs in a single weekend for us.

I think it was fun and ive been looking forward to see all results. Ill be happy if we arent last xD but it was a ton of fun to realise i can actually run elite courses other than hoopers. Even if we are slow as molasses at it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 08:05:05 AM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Amy McGovern

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 08:36:43 AM »
They posted the full set of results to Facebook a few days ago.  It was fun to see! But I agree, 8 runs on a single weekend was a challenge and completely infeasible right now in the heat.  We basically have stopped VT for now.  Heat indices > 100 daily.  If the humidity would go back down, it would be ok to be hot but hot and humid?  No one wants to run!
Amy and the schnauzers

JimmyS.

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »
While the VT Challenge was a good idea, conditions from place to place really don't allow for a fair competition, IMHO.  Not to mention, there are many who don't have access to space or equipment to run the challenge courses.
Linda
It was meant to be more fun than competitive....

That is the same type of issue as some people get 20 trials a year and some get 2, not everyone has the same opportunity's, unfortunately.

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »
They posted the full set of results to Facebook a few days ago.  It was fun to see! But I agree, 8 runs on a single weekend was a challenge and completely infeasible right now in the heat.  We basically have stopped VT for now.  Heat indices > 100 daily.  If the humidity would go back down, it would be ok to be hot but hot and humid?  No one wants to run!
I dont get on FB much, i was following the thread here on the forum lol. Ill see if i can pull it up :)

Yes the heat was killer even in May for us. While some dealt with snow on fields (at least, for UpDog Video Games that Ran during same time) we were already at 90° days full sun and high humidity, heat indexes hitting 100 easy. It doesnt cool until October down here, but i know that means rain and snow for other parts of the US - I grew up in Michigan :) so i know!
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith